Forum home Planning

Other Half - NO INPUT ON GUESTLIST!!!

I don't know whether I am unnecessarily stressing about this but my other half is putting absolutely no input in on the guestlist!! His family are from Kosovo and can not get over for the wedding so the only sibling he has invited is his brother and his wife who live in Germany and then he has his best man, but apart from that he has no guests for himself.

Every time i ask him about it he, all I get from him is "i'm not bothered, I just want you happy" but i keep worrying that it will get to the day and he hasn't got anyone there for him. He said he doesn't want any friends there. I struggled getting him to agree to have his brother there.

On a guestlist of 100 people only four are his!!!

What is your opinion on this? It's bloody stressing me out.
Future Mrs Krasniqi

• This would really stress me out too! My fiancé hasn't had much input on the guestlist so far but he has a small family and friendship group and i know nearly all of them, so I've added them to the list myself without his help then showed him after I've put the list together to make sure he's happy and that i haven't missed anyone, and he's been more than happy for me to take charge with this. Maybe sit your fiancé down and see if theres an actual reason he isn't fussed about who comes, or if he just genuinely doesn't mind? I know how you feel though, sometimes the response 'i just want you to be happy' isn't helpful at all! :neutral: Just explain to him that it is both your wedding and that you want him to be happy too :smile:
  • This would really stress me out too! My fiancé hasn't had much input on the guestlist so far but he has a small family and friendship group and i know nearly all of them, so I've added them to the list myself without his help then showed him after I've put the list together to make sure he's happy and that i haven't missed anyone, and he's been more than happy for me to take charge with this. Maybe sit your fiancé down and see if theres an actual reason he isn't fussed about who comes, or if he just genuinely doesn't mind? I know how you feel though, sometimes the response 'i just want you to be happy' isn't helpful at all! :neutral: Just explain to him that it is both your wedding and that you want him to be happy too :smile:
    I’m definitely going to sit down with him this weekend and talk to him about it. I added his friends to the list, showed him and he said no I’m not bothered about them coming. I don’t get it. Why wouldn’t he want his friends there? I struggled to get him to agree to his brother coming. What on earth is that about!?! Definitely going to sit down with him and try and talk to him about it. 
    Future Mrs Krasniqi