Footage-only videographers?

Is there such a thing as a wedding videographer who will come and shoot the day, and then provide you with the footage only afterwards - no edit? Reason I ask is that our budget doesn't really allow for a high quality wedding videographer but my brother is a film producer and prior to that was an editor for many years - and a very good one. He would do a great job of filming on the day but will be playing a huge part - walking me down the aisle, doing a speech etc, so wouldn't be able to. But I know he would love to edit some footage together for me as a wedding gift - and he would do a great job!
I could buy cameras and ask a friend or two to do some filming, but I feel it's a lot of responsibility for them to take on, and in all honesty I'm not sure I trust anyone to do it really well, especially after quite a few drinks. I'm also not sure we have the budget for high enough quality cameras that will pick up the sound well etc (anyone who has done this, what camera did you buy and how did it come out?). I've come across Shoot It Yourself and other companies that provide cameras for you to use and then they edit the footage, but wondered if a company that did the opposite existed. I realise it's probably unlikely, because of the risk of someone doing a bad edit job on their footage, but you never know!
I'm planning to ask my brother if he has any videographer friends that he would recommend for this, but if he does they're unlikely to be in the right area - we're getting married in West Sussex.

• BooshBoosh Posts: 35 New bride
    It might not be something they would advertise they do but I would say it's worth asking a few if they could do a 'Bespoke' package for you. Just explain the deal with your brother and see what they say. 
  • AmyFSToBeAmyFSToBe Posts: 177 New bride
    A videographer has just posted in the planning thread about offering free videography as they want to build up their wedding portfolio! Maybe worth having a look at his videos (I quite like them) and speaking to him :blush: definitely budget friendly!
  • britbirdbritbird Posts: 1,487 New bride
    Have you spoken to Shoot it Yourself?  They might adapt things for you based on what you need; I found them really helpful when I chatted to them.  We did our video with them, and it was superb.
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,949 New bride
    We used a GoPro to film our day, one of the best men was in charge of it in the day, it was on a tripod for the ceremony, then in the evening it was on the dancefloor, even tied to one of our friend's heads with a skipping rope at one point - and we have some great footage.