Wedding Breakfast Menu

I'm looking for some advice on menus for the wedding breakfast, my mum says I should have a choice of two different options and provide a pre-order a certain amount of weeks before the wedding. 

So, most of my family are quite picky eaters inc. myself so I was thinking something along the lines of cheesy, bacon potato skins for starters (not very wedding-like I know but myself and my family aren't really starter type people so we don't like soup etc.) followed by bangers and mash and chocolate brownies. 

I'm looking for an alternative starter, many members of my family like to watch there food intake so I'm looking for options that are a little more lightweight and an alternative main course also and i was thinking something like sticky toffee pudding or some suit of fruit salad. 

the evening food will be an afternoon tea style buffet inc. finger sandwiches and a cake selection inc scones. 

any help?  

• Some suggestions below!
    Starters: something with smoked salmon / parma ham wrapped asparagus / garlic mushrooms on toast / beetroot and goat's cheese / nachos (either veggie or with meat)
    Mains: roasted chicken breast with green veg and potatoes / white fish or salmon with veg and potatoes / fish and chips with peas / Hunter's chicken / burger
    Desserts (I LOVE sticky toffee pudding so would definitely vote that but if you want something a bit lighter): pavlova / eton mess
  • BekhaGBekhaG Posts: 586 New bride
    Nice menu :)

I agree with AmyFSToBe, a good alternative starter would be garlic mushrooms on toast of some sort of goats cheese tart.

Bangers and Mash is quite a heavy meal so something lighter like fish and tots/ veg is a good alternative.

And again, I agree, sticky toffee pudding always goes down well. Between that and a choc brownie there's 2 good options for everyone :)

We asked for menu choices from everyone and submitted these to our venue a few weeks in advance, then included each guests choices on their place name cards. Organised and simple :)
  • Lovely, great suggestions.Thanks very much :)