Readings for male friends

I am considering asking two of my male best friends to do a reading at the wedding. We are having a church ceremony and MIL will be doing a bible reading, so I would ask them to read a poem together. I met the two guys at uni and lived with them both for 3 years after we graduated, so they know each other well and it would be a great way to include them in the day.

However they are both single and have been for all the time I've known them, one of them seems fairly happy that way, the other one I think would like to settle down. Is it unfair / awkward to ask them to read something all about love and happy endings?! Also, my friends sometimes joke about them being like a couple (they are both straight), will getting up in front of everyone as a pair make that worse? I don't think it's an option to ask one and not the other.

If I do ask them, the readings we like are:

Love is Friendship Caught Fire (adapted) - might leave out the second last line for them

Love is friendship caught fire; it is quiet, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times.

It settles for less than perfection, and makes allowances for human weaknesses. Love is content with the present, hopes for the future, and does not brood over the past.

It is the day-in and day-out chronicles of irritations, problems, compromises, small disappointments, big victories, and working toward common goals.

If you have love in your life, any kind of love, it can make up for a great many things you lack.

If you do not have it, no matter what else there is, it is not enough.

Love is friendship caught fire.

Or I found this on these forums:

On Your Wedding Day

Author Unknown

Today is a day you will always remem­ber

The great­est in anyone’s life

You’ll start off the day just two peo­ple in love

And end it as Hus­band and Wife

It’s a brand new begin­ning, the start of a jour­ney

With moments to cher­ish and trea­sure

And although there’ll be times when you both dis­agree

These will surely be out­weighed by plea­sure