Forum home Planning

Clock Barn - Whitchurch

Hiya,

I am recently engaged and having been looking at Barns and I think I have found one called Clock Barn in Whitchurch.

I just wanted to know if anyone else has got married there and has any tips and tricks?

• Hi Sophie

I think it's a very beautiful venue and a great choice for a wedding! From their website it is clear they hosted many weddings and are experienced and a quick Google search also shows many beautiful wedding blogs of the venue. 
  • Hi @beddensophie, we looked at Clock Barn as its a beautiful venue, but unfortunately it was booked for our dates.  I would say you need to act quick as it does seem a popular one that gets booked up quickly! We ended up choosing Oakley Hall in Basingstoke which I can def recommend as a lovely venue. I can also recommend Darren Wingham photography, I know that he does many weddings in that area. If you want any other Hampshire supplier recommendations then feel free to DM me - I got married in November 2018 :) X
  • Hi @Anxiousbride2 Thank you for that information its really helpful! When you got married did you do a lot of DIY or spend money for people doing it? I have been looking at florists and they want £2000 
  • Hi @beddensophie - we really wanted a barn wedding too but the reason we went for a hotel package in the end was because we couldnt face the time of DIY, we're not particularly arty/creative people and just wanted it done for us. We booked a package with Oakley Hall and then used an events company (events4u) in basingstoke to do our decorations.

I have just checked our flowers and it was only a few hundred- we ordered through Nicci G florist in Basingstoke and this was the breakdown of costs:

brides bouquet. £60
     Bridesmaids £35 x4
    Groom £7.50
    Buttonholes £3 x11
    Mum's Corsages £8.50 x2
     Top table centre piece £100
    Total £357.50

It was a winter wedding so the flowers we had were obviously seasonal (purples and creams with berries): 

black Pearl lizzi, viburnum berries, purple veronica, safari sunset leucodendron, white wax and soft ruscus. 

Hope that is helpful! X