Forum home Planning

Wedding insurance and coronavirus

greenoranges118greenoranges118 Posts: 16 New bride
edited 1 April in Planning
<blank> Hello this is blank now. 

• annipooannipoo Posts: 309 New bride
    I used Dreamsaver wedding insurance. I've just checked the policy details and it sounds like we're covered! 

Please get insurance! You never know what could happen. 
  • ClareBClareB Posts: 88 New bride
    Our insurance has a similar clause so I’m hoping that if the government were to put restrictions in place, this would cover us.

I definitely agree that it’s worth getting insurance but check the details - if your wedding is already booked and you take out insurance now, you may find you’re not covered if it’s cancelled due to coronavirus, as it was already an issue at the time of booking. 
  • greenoranges118greenoranges118 Posts: 16 New bride
    edited 1 April
    <blank>
  • Ive taken out the second tier policy with wedinsure, i checked dreamsaver and they currently aren't processing any more applications for the time being due to corona virus, i imagine they aren't the only ones!
  • smithyuk287smithyuk287 Posts: 1 New bride
    annipoo said:
    I used Dreamsaver wedding insurance. I've just checked the policy details and it sounds like we're covered! 

Please get insurance! You never know what could happen. 
    I've just read ours - we're with Dreamsaver too and I don't think we are covered- in the not covered section- d. any claim arising directly or indirectly from;i. government regulation or act :( so if hotel/venue chooses to close we'd be covered but if it's government mandated then not. 
  • Has anyone managed to speak to Dreamsaver?

i called but it had a very long wait!

our wedding isn’t until August but I’m not convinced it’s covered like you guys have said if it’s Government inflicted closure/ ban.

i know it’s a while off but don’t want to lose thousands having to move the wedding if not insured!!!
  • carmack83carmack83 Posts: 17 New bride
    Don’t spend anymore with your venue until you get an updated contract with terms relating to this which you are both agreed. I have paid my venue 5k and they want me to move my peak booking to an off peak time and still pay full. I’m actually considering ditching them even tho I can’t get my money back because I don’t like their attitude. 
  • Leonie.byersLeonie.byers Posts: 2 New bride
    We’ve got the same issue - the venue are saying we have to pay the full summer weekend rate but move it to a weekday off peak wedding!

Legally, I think we could win the arguement they are not allowed and get a refund, but obviously we’d have to start all over again from scratch with new venue and suppliers etc!