Forum home Planning

Help find me a non-all-inclusive venue in or near Essex!

Basically we want a nice venue that doesn't do the whole all-inclusive thing, where they charge you £(insert ridiculous price here) for the venue, catering, florist, photographer, drinks, manager, disco, etc etc.

We want to be able to arrnage our own cathering and entertainment and so many venues don't seem to allow this!

So far we have looked at hedingham castle which would be great for the ceramony but too small for the reception, so would need to find a suitable recpetion venue.

Hylands house in chelmsford is already booked for our chosen date (06/03/09)!

The ried rooms we nice, but absoulutly crap for any decent places for photos.

Anyone have any suggestions or ideas? This is starting to stress me out now.

• Hi,

I'm getting married at Priory Hall, Hadleigh Suffolk. It's about 15 miles from Colchester. All you book is the venue and then you organise everything else yourself. I found this gave us so much more freedom. They also don't charge corkage, so we are supplying our own drinks for the whole day. It has has a website.

Good luck!
  • Stock Brook allows you to bring your own caterers but for a fee. Bury Lodge near Stansted is good as well as you can tell them what food you want and have either sit down or buffet. you have to have their wine /drinks.