Forum home Archived Pretty, petite brides

Too short for a train?

Hi everyone,

I'm 4ft 11 and 3/4 :\) and every dress I've liked so far has got quite a bit of a train going on. My favourite dress so far has got a 'semi-cathedral' train, whatever that means. I didn't think much of it til recently when someone said 'make sure you don't get a train as it will make you look shorter'. I haven't tried on any big poofy dresses for fear of being drowned in them but hadn't really considered that a big train might do the same thing?

What do you think? Has anyone else got a dress with a big train?

Thanks xx

• no i thought it would work the opposite with the long train making u look longer xx
  • MissVWMissVW Posts: 7,419
    I don't agree with that - I've got a chapel length train and it looks great! And I'm a quarter of an inch smaller than you lol

Don't worry, just go for the dress that you love, not what you think you should have x
  • mrshelen74mrshelen74 Posts: 9,282
    hun you can have whatever dress you want
  • MistyxxMistyxx Posts: 1,679
    I'm 5ft 1/4" lol.

I have a train and my dress isn't huge but it is quite poofy lol - nothing at all like I thought I would go for! I also tried on a couple of slimmer dresses but they did nothing for me at all.

Just try different kinds of dresses as each dress looks different on the individual.

It's the bride who makes the dress what it is, not the dress that makes the bride. There was a thread on here not too long ago - models v's real brides and the real brides won everytime!

Hope this helps a little xx

• MistyxxMistyxx Posts: 1,679
    This link my help you hun.. lots of gorgeous petites in their beautiful dresses..

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/chatroom/topic/154576
  • Thanks ladies for your reassurance. I shall forget the comment and have the train I want :\)
  • i've got a train on my dress but it is a small,

it's really small no more then 7 inches long.

i think you can have a train at any hight but with in reason.

long trains on a small person just makes you look like your being swolled whole by your dress