Three Rivers / Stockbrook Manor / Lords Golf & Country Club

Anyone been/booked/booking one of these?

I am going to see them all in the next few weeks for a winter wedding in 2010. Just wondered what you all though and would ask for your good/bad points please..

I have a quote from Stockbrook which is very reasonable... but there is no hotel. The spa hotel up the road doesnt look like my cuppa t.. wondered if there were anyothers?

All opinions welcome, i need help, i am the most indecisive person ever.

xxx

• EmlarEmlar Posts: 1,581
    hello

we have booked stockbrook for march next yr!

we looked at three rivers but preferred stockbrook.

the main things that put me off 3 rivers were that from the outside it doesnt look as nice as stockbrook, and the golfers really encroach onto where the wedding photos would be taken.

the rooms are all a nice size and nicely decorated. really nice staff too. another plus for this place that we didnt take in to account when booking stockbrook is that five lakes hotel is not far from there and i love five lakes! lol

we booked stockbrook because of a good deal on the price (winter package) i love stockbrook and have done for many yrs (since a corporate function i went to there) and the rooms are a nice size, easy to get to for our guests, looks lovely inside and out.

huuuge problem is the lack of hotel. i loved greenwoods spa but its soooo expensive for what it is. im still trying to get a hotel now....

havent seen lords so cant offer any opinions on that!
  • MrsS to beMrsS to be Posts: 2,634
    Thanks for the info, Ive got an appointment to meet Emma on the 11th, cant wait, just want to book the date.

Going to see Three Rivers and Lords too... Waiting for Crondon Park to ring me as well as Five lakes...

Good luck with finding a hotel, thats the only thing from what ive heard putting me off. Although i hear they do promotions for the Greenwood Hotel.. its buy one room get one free i thought if you book Stockbrook?

Is the hotel not very nice? It looks a little dated i must say.

xx
  • vik987vik987 Posts: 175
    i have looked at three rivers did not like due to golfers were to close to pics ext.

Stock brook manor was better regarding golf but still not as happy.

I been to five lakes and can say out of them all i would have booked this. very good love going here am going here for my hen night
  • clarekellclarekell Posts: 6,666
    Been to a wedding at Stock Brook and a few conferences too - lovely venue!

• Hi ladies,

I have just booked Stockbrook for April 2010.

They have done us a really really good deal which I am really pleased with.

I think for the price we will end up paying the venue is lovely :\)

I looked at Gaynes Park Barns as well in Epping, and I was torn between the two - but it came down to price

My friend is getting married at Crondon - the looks nice :\)
  • MrsS to beMrsS to be Posts: 2,634
    Congrats Wizadora!

What sort of deal was it.. how many people extra ru having?

I LOVE the look of the banqueting suit but this is more expensive p/p than the smaller one..

Im looking at Jan 2010 or Nov 2010.

xx
  • jadelpcjadelpc Posts: 104
    Hello ladies

We are getting married at Crondon Park on New Years Eve 2009 (next year!)

re hotels in the area - we looked at Greenwoods but was confronted with really rude staff and it was so expensive for what you get. Plus we had to be out by 11 the next morning (new years day) as they are shut and we couldnt have breakfast!!!

So i have found channels lodge

www.channelslodge.co.uk

its amazing, unique and only 20 mins away. It doesnt have a spa but then there is

www.kavalabeauty.co.uk

which again isnt that far away!

We chose crondon because of the new years eve - no one else really does it, plus its really reasonably priced for what we get and we are allowed a late license (again, not that many people are doing that!) and we can have fireworks!!!

I could go on - i am soooo excited!

But i hope i have been of some help!

Jade

imageimageimageimageimage
  • jadelpcjadelpc Posts: 104
    Hello ladies

We are getting married at Crondon Park on New Years Eve 2009 (next year!)

re hotels in the area - we looked at Greenwoods but was confronted with really rude staff and it was so expensive for what you get. Plus we had to be out by 11 the next morning (new years day) as they are shut and we couldnt have breakfast!!!

So i have found channels lodge

www.channelslodge.co.uk

its amazing, unique and only 20 mins away. It doesnt have a spa but then there is

www.kavalabeauty.co.uk

which again isnt that far away!

We chose crondon because of the new years eve - no one else really does it, plus its really reasonably priced for what we get and we are allowed a late license (again, not that many people are doing that!) and we can have fireworks!!!

I could go on - i am soooo excited!

But i hope i have been of some help!

Jade

imageimageimageimageimage