Venues where I can use my own caterers!!! Help!!!

Hi all!

I'm getting married in August 2010 and we are looking to have a BBQ to keep costs down and keep things a bit more relaxed. We have a fab caterer but I'm finding it really hard to find nice venues where I don't have to use the venues' own caterer. Does anyone have any ideas - we want a venue in Surrey, around the Croydon area.

Also, we want to hire a mobile bar and buy in our own alcohol for the meal/toats, etc. Any ideas???

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers xx

• Hi,

Dont know if this would come under your idea of a nice venue, but we are having our reception in the local village hall hired through the local council. I dont know if it depends on your local council (we're in Scotland), but we were told if we do our own bar we dont need to get a licence, if someone does the bar for us, they have to obtain the licence. So we're doing it ourselves, beer, wine, champagne and anything else the guests bring themselves. So far everyone really loves the idea, its a cheap wedding all round!! And as for the caterers you have flexibility to have your own. It also means we can decorate it the way we want without having to pay the venue.

Laura xx
  • squirt15uksquirt15uk Posts: 331
    My sister used East horsley Village Hall last summer - which was nice but she wanted Michelham Village hall as it's meant to be lovely (unfortunatly it was booked). Also there are a few schools in the Bookham / Leatherhead area which you can hire in August that are really beautiful but I can't remember the names of them sorry!

Hope that helps x
  • SomethingfunnySomethingfunny Posts: 1,380 New bride
    Quoted:
    Hi all!

I'm getting married in August 2010 and we are looking to have a BBQ to keep costs down and keep things a bit more relaxed. We have a fab caterer but I'm finding it really hard to find nice venues where I don't have to use the venues' own caterer. Does anyone have any ideas - we want a venue in Surrey, around the Croydon area.

Also, we want to hire a mobile bar and buy in our own alcohol for the meal/toats, etc. Any ideas???

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers xx

Hiya, we're in the Croydon area too and are struggling for a reception venue too!

Could I be cheeky and ask who your fab caterers are?

xxxxx
  • MrsLawton2BMrsLawton2B Posts: 185
    Our caterers are Scotts of Carshalton. The website is http://www.scottsofcarshalton.co.uk/

They've got a really extensive menu and good quality food.

Good luck finding your venue - let me know if you find any decent ones!

xx : - )
  • ziggywigsziggywigs Posts: 1,435
    Not sure if this is too far away from you but Champion Hill Stadium, East Dulwich were really flexible and friendly and would allow you to use the kitchens and provide own caterers, it overlooks the pitch so a lovely view handy for Sainsburys too!....Contact Sally on 07533 032 133.

[Modified by: ziggywigs on June 30, 2009 09:04 PM]