Marquee venues in Gloucestershire

Hi there

We are looking for a lovely garden setting where we can have a marquee? Does anyone know of anywhere?

Or any lovely venues in Gloucestershire.....please help we really wanted Friday island but is closing this year and really wanted that sort of venue, beach like, water, fireworks, bbq. Anywhere else in the world like this? Thanks

• lozzyuk1lozzyuk1 Posts: 1,910
    Hi.We are having our reception at the Tewkesbury Park hotel and golf club.they have a marquee up from april - october and because we are having the wedding on a friday we get free marquee hire and 20% off all food and drinks.the setting is nice as it is surrounded by the golf course - and we have stayed there a few times and the food is lovely.you also get your first night b/b/ free

• Hi, sorry if this is a bit late, but what about Chavenage House near Tetbury. They have gorgeous gardens and will put up a marquee. They aren't licensed for the ceremony, but the Oak Hall at Westonbirt is licensed as well as the Close Hotel in Tetbury and they will just do the ceremony. Sorry if I'm a bit Tetbury biased, but that's where i grew up and I love it! I'm getting married at Westonbirt School next year which is fab, but no marquee. I think the Great Tythe Barn in Tetbury will put up a marquee too, but its expensive. I think the beaufort polo club might have one as well
  • Hi [email protected], i'm getting married at Westonbirt School next year in August. At present 333 days to go!. The photos look amazing!

Ju x

• Hi Kel

We are getting married at Kingscote Barn next July which is a lovely country setting, the website is www.kingscotebarn.co.uk.

My sister was a bridemaid at a wedding at Hatton Court, on way from Stroud to Cheltenham and I think they have a marquee for wedding and the photographs had fantasic views.

Can also recemond Chavanage House as my friend had her reception there and it was lovely, but she did have it in the house rather than a marquee.

Hope that helps

Kim
  • Hi,

Im getting married at Homme House in Much Marcle just outside Newent (about 20 mins from Gloucester) Its a lovely Manor House where you hire the house and grounds but you can also set a marquee up too www.hommehouse.co.uk. I recently went to a wedding at Hatton Court and they had the permenant marquee, it was really lovely. Great size and fab views over Gloucestershire.

Good luck! x

[Modified by: BirttoBe on September 19, 2007 01:01 PM]
  • Hi Kim,

I'm getting married at Kingscote Barn next July too! On the 19th, which date are you?

xx
  • Quoted:
    Hi Kim,

I'm getting married at Kingscote Barn next July too! On the 19th, which date are you?

xx

We are getting married on 26th - the weekend after you! Really looking forward to it as it such a lovely place. Are you getting married there? We are having the service in a local church then the reception is at the Barn.

• Getting married at Dumbleton Hall Hotel (on the border between Glos and Worcs).

Stunning venue www.dumbletonhall.co.uk - its got room for marquee in the grounds and has beautiful gardens with lake. They are licensed for marriages but we're getting married in local church. Also have a number of function rooms if you wanted to do part of it indoors. Very reasonable prices too and have been extremely helpful.