what to do with the cake???

Hi everyone,

Just wondering what everyone else is doing with their wedding cake.

We are marrying abroad in 2 weeks then when we come back, we are having an evening do with sit down meal and disco, its going to be quite formal. We are having a 3 tiered wedding cake but wondered what to do with it.

I mean, are people using cake boxes to give to people with slices of cake in it, or are they going to cut the cake up later and put them into boxes??? I have no idea what to do lol

Any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks

Gem

• gem_sweetiegem_sweetie Posts: 1,898
    Thanks for the reply, even though it hasn't come up lol. Managed to read it from my email notification.

Thats definately a possibility serving it next to the buffet. We are having a hot buffet and could serve it along side the desserts actually thats a really good idea.

Also boxing up the cake for others later on as they leave is something to bare in mind aswell, wouldn't have thought of any of those so thanks very much

xx
  • KatkinnKatkinn Posts: 24
    We're gong to do the whole cake cutting photo thing and then the staff at the venue are going to take the cake away, cut it up for us and put it out on trays at the evening reception. We'll leave cake boxes out incase some guests want to take it home but I imagine most of will get eaten there and then.

[Modified by: Katkinn on August 27, 2009 02:13 PM]

• MRSJP2BE09MRSJP2BE09 Posts: 572
    When I went to a wedding recently they served the cake with the Coffees and Teas. xx
  • gem_sweetiegem_sweetie Posts: 1,898
    Thanks so much for all these great suggestions ladies.

I had no idea of what to do with the cake, but now I have some great ideas from you all. So will be putting them to h2b when he gets home from work.

Thanks so much ladies

• flowermoonflowermoon Posts: 2,035
    Quoted:
    We're gong to do the whole cake cutting photo thing and then the staff at the venue are going to take the cake away, cut it up for us and put it out on trays at the evening reception. We'll leave cake boxes out incase some guests want to take it home but I imagine most of will get eaten there and then.

[Modified by: Katkinn on August 27, 2009 02:13 PM]

Exactly the same with us. Although we are keeping the top two tiers to take home! xxx
  • skostiukskostiuk Posts: 654
    We are going to slice it up and have soon in the evening with a huge cheese cake, biscuits, bread and fruit, and the rest put in little cellophane bags on everyone's place setting at breakfast the next morning for them to take home x
  • ejhunterejhunter Posts: 678
    MIL2B has made our bottom tier (fruit) cake already, and ended up making a little one too due to the amount of mix she had made. So we have ended up with a 4 tier cake, the two middle ones will be sponge.

Am going to ask the venue to cut it all up (apart from the little top fruit cake which we can use for Christmas) and pu half of it on the buffet, and the other half wrapped and popped into little bags on the sideboard that is by the door, so as people leave we can ask them to take a piece for people who couldn't make it, or to nibble on the way home!

I just want to make sure it all goes, I've worked in hotels for years and have seen so many cakes go un-eaten, such as shame when you think about all the hard work that goes into them. x