What do you think of this for a father and daughter song?

MrsKiraSRMrsKiraSR Posts: 1,424
Trying to find something meaningful for a father and daughter song to dance to at the wedding.

I confess i am a daddys girl, so i want to find something special, but whilst dad is a softie on the inside, he pretends to be all tough to everyone else.

Found these 2, wanted an opinion. First one is very sweet, and i love the reference to when a father gives her away in white, but maybe a little more father to daughter than the other way round?

The second one is maybe more daughter to father and a bit of a tear jerker!

Thoughts please!!

[Modified by: Kira000 on 27 August 2009 20:33:27 ]

• char2609ukchar2609uk Posts: 1,539
    I prefer the overall sound of the second song - its just sounds more dancey than the 'father of girls' one.

My dad and I danced to this one - we had to listen to it over and over before the day because we both kept crying so much when we heard it. No teras on the day though - think we had used them all up lol.

• Ah i like the second one, had a tear in my eye. I want this one, showed my h2b and even he cried watching this video

• iv just listened to a song called daddys angel & i cried its so lovely! go on you tube & search daddys angels.
  • I'm having this. It's a bit country and western but the words are amazing!!!!

[Modified by: emmaloucharlton on August 28, 2009 11:20 PM]

• Great choice Emma. I was just about to suggest that 'Heartland' track.
  • nikkinoo78nikkinoo78 Posts: 262
    Oh my god, just been sat here bawling lol. Beautiful songs. Are you letting your dads know before hand or suprising them, so everyone listens to the words?
  • MrsKiraSRMrsKiraSR Posts: 1,424
    Thanks for the input and suggestions ladies. "I loved her first" does have some lovely lyrics. Not sure if he would appreciate the country style tho'!

Nikkinoo, not sure if i will tell him in advance or not- if i pre warn him, he might object and refuse!!
  • vj32vj32 Posts: 645
    I thought father - daughter dances were an American movie thing? Didn't know real people did them. Sorry - sure its fine if you have a 'normal' family, but can imagine the choas if I did that.
    Vj32.

I know what you are saying, and hadnt consdered it myself till recently, but then i saw it mentioned somewhere, and it kind of seemed a nice thing to do- i am very close to my dad, and whilst he is trying not to show it, he is quite emotional about the wedding underneath, and feeling a bit left out, so i thought it would be a lovely gesture for him.

k x
    Just found another option that might be more right up my dads street, being a bit old fashioned!!! A very "old School" song.

• vj32vj32 Posts: 645
    I think if asked to do anything like that my step dad would end up crying. Alot.
  • ajb205ajb205 Posts: 141
    Me and my dad are having heartland makes me cry every time! My dad says its prefect as he was the first one to hold me when I was born!! X x
    VJ32- ahhh. i think my dad might let a sneaky tear appear, but will get all gruff and grumpy afterwards to cover it up. Fortunately i just have a step mum, not a step dad, so one dad makes it a bit easier.
    Ajb - thats really sweet!! Unfortunately cant say the same about mine! He was at the golf course with no way fo ringing him! Turned up about 3 hours later! Oooop! The words "Dog house" come to mind! LOL
  • Hi Ladies,

I also want a special dance with my Dad - we're very close and I want him to know I care. I thought I'd already chosen You Raise Me Up (Josh Groban version) as I think the words are more parental than couply (was originally on first dance shortlist) but am now loving I loved her first. My Dad knows that we will dance together to a special song but doesn't know what the song will be - wanted to keep it a surprise so may have to ask sister what she thinks.
  • xlaura7xukxlaura7xuk Posts: 231
    i love the heartland one made me cry lots think i may have this one but still deciding image x
  • OMG, iv turned in to blubbering wreck but you have given me so many ideas.

I loving 'you raise me up and the heartland one

x x
  • Magicmason - which you raise me up version do you like?

I have listened to Heartland again this morning with h2b and he thinks that's fab too - but thinks my Dad will cry and therefore so will I!

Another thought is Because you loved me - I think that is intended as a father/daughter dance.
  • My daddy loves a waltz so i am looking for a father daughter dance that is a waltz any suggestions???
    Hi Carrie.

Just wondered, have you listened to the last one that i posted (at 12.06). Its more old fashioned, and the tempo i think might be quite suitable for a waltz.
  • K89ukK89uk Posts: 120
    Where can you get the heartland one on cd?