Recommendations for wedding receptions in the West Mids.....

Any personal recommendations would be really appreciated, of any budget!!

Have viewed several places and just feel so deflated nothing has made us give that look of 'this is the one!'

HELP ME...............

• Hi

I can recommend Stone manor Hotel in kidderminster. It is absoutley gorgeous. I am getting married there and having the reception there.

• Hi

I would recommend Hogarths in Solihull, its where we get married next December.

It is gorgeous and heard very good comments on it!

XX
  • I would recommend Stourport Manor Hotel, near Kidderminster. We're having our reception there and its been done up really nicely (they said they'd just done a multi million pound refurbishment) and it's very reasonably priced. They also have a wedding co-ordinator who is amazing - full of fab money saving ideas and lots of enthusiasm. Actually the hotel manager is really nice too - they were both very amenable to our requests and ideas.

If you are looking for somewhere beautiful and have a big buget to blow then maybe have a look at Grafton Manor, Bromsgrove. It's a stunning venue, but it was just too far out of our price range and all the Saturdays get snapped up very quickly!
  • LWS2bLWS2b Posts: 79
    Clairey_P When do you get married?

I second the Stourport Manor and their wedding co-ordinator! We have booked there too.
  • Walcot Hall is stunning, my daughter recently got married there and I can't recommend it highly enough.
  • Look at The Grafton Manor- Bromsgrove- absolutely stunning venue I had my wedding in August & everyone commented that it was the best wedding they had been to- you get exclusive use of The manor with it's 9 bedrooms & the setting is just perfect- it has amazing grounds & a lake at the bottom, the reception will be held in the marquee at the side of the hotel & there is a chapel also where you can have a blessing. It was like a fairytale & the pictures are stunning. The food & the staff were lovely & so helpful- we had a bbq on the evening but buffet was another option.

I fell in love with the place the moment I saw it & didn't even look for an alternative venue- I felt at home & so did our guests, I stayed the evening before with my entourage & so it made it all the more enjoyable.

Sophie Cooper
  • jemwarriorjemwarrior Posts: 2,105
    I'm getting married at the Botanical Gardens next June, the venue and grounds are stunning. However I have yet to find a venue twin! The reasoon we picked here was because it's central and my family are coming up from down south and H2B's family live in and around Birmingham, si it minimised travelling. We are also getting married there too.

Just search on the internet for veues in the west Midlands and it will bring up a whole host of them.

Best of luck

J x
  • Moxhull Hall in Sutton - if you like the marquee thing this one is stunning!!!
  • Moor Hall or New Hall in Sutton Coldfield are both lovely venues. we chose Moor Hall, as we didnt want a marque and is close to the church.
  • You have the Roman Way Hotel or Oak Farm Hotel in Cannock, both are lovely have been to weddings at both of them...
  • Quoted:
    Clairey_P When do you get married?

I second the Stourport Manor and their wedding co-ordinator! We have booked there too.

July 31st 2010 - What about you *S2B*?
  • nzecevicnzecevic Posts: 1,206
    Nailcote Hall warwickshire is lovely, went to a wedding there recently
  • ill second moxhull hall, as previously said grafton manor is beutifull and we were about to book but that was till we saw moxhull hall and in our eyes they dont compare the marquee is far superior as is the service
  • We're having the mill building at madeley court hotel , its a 15th century building and truely stunning, Shropshire though but still midlands i guess . That too is also having a few million spent on it mainly doing up rooms etc , venue is fab as it is.
  • We are getting having our reception at Somerford Hall, Brewood. Which is just the other side of Wolverhamton. Its a big white house which is stunning inside and out. The staff are really pleasant and helpful too.

Im yet to also find a venue twin.
  • Depends what kind of venue you want - if you want an informal country barn venue then I could pass you detials of spinghill house where I'm getting married althought thery're not really a big company so you have to organise eveything yourself and they only do a few weddings a year, but they're very nice and helpful.
  • Quoted:
    Moor Hall or New Hall in Sutton Coldfield are both lovely venues. we chose Moor Hall, as we didnt want a marque and is close to the church.

We're also getting married at Moor Hall- we didn't want a marquee (or glorified tent as h2b says) for our reception either.

One friend had hers a the Manor Hotel in Meriden and another at Ardencote by Warwick, both were lovely.