Library weddings

Hello!

Has anyone come across anywhere in the UK you can get married in a library? I'm quite keen on the idea, but after a lot of research have only come up with venues in the USA. This is slightly complicated by the fact that any Google search is mixed in with every wedding website which has a "library of photographs", or something similar, meaning the search is quite long-winded!

Thank you in advance,

Beccy :\)

• flowermoonflowermoon Posts: 2,035
    I'm getting married in the Library Room of my venue - it is a beautiful high ceilinged book lined room in the mansion house - would that be an option for you? There are probably plenty of places with "library rooms". Sorry I've probably been no help! xx
  • flowermoonflowermoon Posts: 2,035
    This is my Library Room done out for a reception

Can't see that many books in this pic! image

[Modified by: flowermoon on September 29, 2009 08:31 PM]

• Hi

Found this place http://www.scottsabbotsford.co.uk/wedding-library.html which looks stunning. Has the disadvantages of being in the middle of Scotland and looking rather pricey though!
  • Thank you so much, I hadn't thought of getting married in the library of a stately home, and it turns out that Scotland could be just about perfect for me! Much appreciated, I am a very happy bunny image
  • There is is signet library, the playfair library and the royal college of physicians in Edinburgh. All 3 are amazing looking venues.