Help Karaoke

Hey ladies,

I need your help, we are getting married abroad & having a reception/party when we get back, the problem I have is that H2B & a few other people keep asking if there will be karaoke. I'm not a big fan of karaoke, what do you guys think?

Shelle :\)

• NowMrsMaggsNowMrsMaggs Posts: 1,823
    Personally, I'm not a fan of karaoke at weddings for the reason that it can look tacky if not done properly. But then it can be a laugh, and if you like karaoke, you should definitely have it!
  • ImpishukImpishuk Posts: 173
    Personally, I can think of nothing worse than karaoke at my reception... , but that may be because my singing voice is indistinguishable from the protests of a cat having its tail twisted lol

My H2B is also a keen singer, and (lucky him) has a nice voice. But he knows far better than to suggest such a thing for our reception... people would leave in hordes clutching their ears if I grabbed the mic image

But its all down to what makes you and your H2B happy... I am sure he wouldn't insist on karaoke if he thought you really can't stand the idea of it. But I also think you'd better get your thinking hat on, and come up with something else that will entertain all these wannabe x-factor stars.

Or possibly as a compromise have karaoke, but as only a small part of the evening? Maybe make a competiton of it? and then leave it at that.

*shrugs* I dunno, possibly that was not remotely helpful hehe

Good luck with whatever you decide though.
  • There is a disco company in my area that do both disco and karaoke. So perhaps you could do what Impish has suggested and have a short competition, then get the disco in for the rest of the night?