Anyone else having a Cheese Cake?

We have decided on a fab cheese cake from The Cheese Shed. They have been really lovely helping us choose the right cheeses.

I wondered if anyone else is doing the same thing and having this as the 'evening buffet'. We are putting the cheese out with crusty bread and crackers, chutneys, grapes, celery...that kind if thing.

Also looking for real wood tree 'slice' cheese boards if anyone knows where I can source these!

Thanks. :\)

• willsgalwillsgal Posts: 419
    We're having one... still looking for good suppliers, so I will check out the cheese shed. We're undecided whether to eat it as a fourth course (after the puds) or as part of the eve buffet.

How are you going to present it for the buffet? Are you going to get your venue to cut it into chunks so people can eat it?
  • Yes, the caterers wll cut it up and I am hoping to serve it on slices of a tree trunk. Apparently, you can get a local saw mill to cut it for you. I saw a pic of it somewhere and thought it looked 'rustic' !!!
  • Yes i am having one,

i am having it in the eveing as a cheese course at the end of my buffet,

i think they are different ( plus i love cheese ) and it will be something for my evening guests to enjoy, we are doing the cutting of the cheese cake just before serving.

i have ordered mine from www.AandMevents.co.uk it comes with our choice of cheese, crackers,pickles and chutneys. yum yum cant wait.