tips from an expert !!!

lozzyuk1lozzyuk1 Posts: 1,910
having been married for 7 days i am obviously in a position to give advice about receptions lol !!!!!!!!! image

my top tips which i got from mags and which were soooo useful for receptions are -

have a small box for each table containing everything to decorate that table - we bought 12 boxes ,about 8 inch square - off ebay and inside each one we put the namecards all written out,petal and crystals for that table,favours etc and numbered each one so when we sent them the night before i knew the hotel and on the day co ordinator would know how many petals etc i`d put for each table etc

also if possible arrange to have a microphone for the speeches.our venue reckoned that the acoustics would be fine but after having been to 4 or 5 weddings recently and nt hearing th espeeches,dad took his amp and mike and everyone heard all the speeches

third - get an on the day co ordinator !!!!!!!!!!!

• westergillewestergille Posts: 323
    Those tips are good - I'll definitely use the first one. BTW, are you back from honeymoon, still to go or not having one?
  • lozzyuk1lozzyuk1 Posts: 1,910
    in middle of it lol !!! missed the site xxxxxxx and being a bride xxxxxx

• Thanks for the tips Lozzy image I've actually been saving shoe boxes for months thinking along the same line as your first tip. H2b thinks I'm a bit mad so I'm glad to hear it's a worthwhile thing to do.

Oh and congratulations on being a wife and have a great honeymoon!

thanks - the boxes were so useful - it meant that whoever et up the tables knew exactly who and what should be on each one - plus with 140 guests there were some with the same name so that made it easier as there were only 12 namecards per box not all 140 to plough through.our on the day co ordinator was impressed !!!!
  • Mrs_AmandaMrs_Amanda Posts: 3,284
    I hadn't heard of that first tip before, such a good idea!

We're having a co-ordinator, so already following your advice image
  • aliz1973aliz1973 Posts: 274
    thanks for that.

i had been thinking i would do exactly that (with the boxes) but in the back of my mind was wandering if i was treading dangerously close to being a complete control freak. image

i see it is a great way to simplify things for the other person, and i am glad it worked for you.

will start getting my boxes together!

enjoy the rest of your honeymoon.

P.S. what was actually the best bit of the day?
    so many highlights;

arriving back from hairdressers to see everyone laughing,talking,getting ready and walking in and out in the sunshine with drinks

going with dad in the horse and carriage and everyone waving

seeing hubby when i got there

wearing my dress !!!! and shoes !!!

seeing the marquee for the first time - breathtaking to see everything we`d had in our heads for so long being turned in to reality

seeing all the people sat enjoying the meal - the table plan had just been a word document for months so to see it in reality was weird

dancing the night away

being with everyone i love

the weather for the photos

the speeches

the food

everything actually !!!!!!

xxx
  • wow you sound like you had the most fabulous day ever 'CONGRATULATIONS' Mrs Lozzy!!

Glad all went well for you both x cb x
  • macabeymacabey Posts: 2,884
    I have noted the tips in my wedding notebook. Thank you!

Can I say again that I think you're amazing image
  • BaxterukBaxteruk Posts: 3,373
    Wow, what a fab idea the boxes are, have written it down and will definitely use it! glad you had such an amazing day x
    image)))))
  • aliz1973aliz1973 Posts: 274
    great.

i have under 6 months to wait....