Opinions please

blossom25blossom25 Posts: 3,070
My photographers (man and woman) want to come to my parents house where I am getting ready on the moring and take pics of "girly time". But thing is my mam is going to a different towmn to get her hair done, my bm's are getting ready at my sisters house which is on same road and I just aren't sure. They said they will just take pics of me when I had my hair and make up done but they are wanting to come two hours before the ceremony!! No way I will have my make up done then. I'll prob just in so be starting it. My hair might be done. My Daad gets very stressed when getting ready for things and is a very private person so no way he will like two strangers around taking pics in his house.Plus it isnt excatly huge and feel we will be tripping over each other. I aren't thrilled with the idea really but I became persuaded it was part ogf the wedding day photo 'story' when looking through other peoples photo albums. I suppose if Myself and family were more laid back people and I had bm's that were my best mates or whatever, there might be some good shots but in my case I arent so sure. I do want pics of us getting into our cars and of my shoes and tiara etc but thats it. I asked my mum if having them there for just 15 mins instead of a whole hour would be ok but she really hates the idea and badly doesn't want a photographer in her house even if they arent taking pics of her or the house. I can see what she means but worried I will be missing out in some way. What do you think?? image xxx (I get married in 3 weeks by the way so need to either reach a compromise or tell the photogrpahers I dont want them in morning at the house. Just cant make my mind up) Help! xx

• SuziewooSuziewoo Posts: 417
    Morning Jules,

LOL look at the time of your post! I was up then too but I avoided turning on the puter!

We didnt like the story board thing. I hate having my photo taken so the only photo at the house that I am having is the classic shoes and gown on the hanger shot and then the 2 photographers will go on to where the groom and ushers are. The rest of the shots will all be unposed apart from about 5 formal ones.

From what you have said I would tell them you only want a couple of shots at the house and certainly not 2 hours worth! Its your day Jules.. if you are not comfortable with something say it now to them.

Good luck ,

Suziewoos xx

• rmacukrmacuk Posts: 663
    i agree with suziewoo. 2 hours seems quite a long time really - Why not just ask them to arrive 15 mins before you are meant to leave. then they can get you with your dad getting in the car etc.....?
  • shel_sunshineshel_sunshine Posts: 1,120
    Go with what your heart tells you. What do you really want when you take out what your parents domnt want and the photographer wants. What does your heart tell you then?

If you really want them I am sure you can work something out. Have you relayed all of this to the photographer?
  • Jane2705ukJane2705uk Posts: 397
    Sounds to me like the photographer is out to make money if he's charging by the hour !!
  • blossom25blossom25 Posts: 3,070
    They are not charging by the hour Jane . They are lovely so think they really believe it is the right thing to do and will do exactly as I want them to. I was just bit confused what it was I wanted so havent given them an alternative yet. If it was at my house I would have the photos but it is my parents and if they are uncomfortable with that then I think I should respect that. Just wondered if anyone thought I would be missing out somehow.

Nice avator by the way xx
  • westergillewestergille Posts: 323
    I decided I didn't want some stranger in the house while I got ready. I think I'll get my BM/mum to take some pictures at home - won't be as professional but much more relaxing.

My SIL had the photographer came to her parents' house before the ceremony and he took a load of pics in the living room and garden. I felt it was a bit silly and didn't add much to the day.

Overall it sounds to me that it would make your parents uncomfortable which in turn would make you feel uncomfortable.
  • deniseoukdeniseouk Posts: 1,920
    I'm not having any photo's taken at home, we are on a really tight budget for photographer as we want to spend the money on the food and entertainment for our friends and family. My photographer has fully come into what we want. If I want any photo's at home, there is loads of people here to do it, I want my photographer to capture the improtant pictures of my and H2B and family. We are only buying 30 pictures and I want them all to be special
    You hit it right on the head Westergille. Personally I am not fussed either way but if it increases my parents stress on the day that will in turn increase mine. I think I will tell them not to bother. Any ideas how to word it? I know they will be fine about it but wnat to put it as politley as possible. x
  • mellenukmellenuk Posts: 576
    Hey Jules - goodness, not long to go! V. exciting!

The girls are right, stick to your guns! I think that best way to approach it is just say that you know that you'll be feeling very pressured that morning, and that you feel as if it will add even more pressure if you have people taking pictures of you feeling that way! They can't argue with that, can they?

It might also be worth asking if both of them need to be there? We've got 2 photographers, but one is going to be with h2b, and one with me - I think I'd feel well stressed and over-crowded if they were both pointing the camera at me whilst I'm trying to get ready!

xx
    thanks Mellen. Yep not long now. It's May!! Eek!

I think i will tell them in the way you put it because that sounds reasonable to me. I don't want any pics then anyway and I know they won't get picked for the album. If i want ones of my shoes and bag etc they can take those later can't they? Thank you for your advice xx
    thanks Mellen. Yep not long now. It's May!! Eek!

I think i will tell them in the way you put it because that sounds reasonable to me. I don't want any pics then anyway and I know they won't get picked for the album. If i want ones of my shoes and bag etc they can take those later can't they? Thank you for your advice xx