Wedding Menus

What is everybody having for their wedding breakfast?

We have given everybody a choice of 2 starters, mains and deserts and the choices are:

Vegetable Spring Roll in a pool of plum sauce

or

Haggis, neeps & tatties with a Drambuie Cream

Roast leg or border Lamb with a redcurrant gravy, frest veg and roast potatoes

or

Wild Mushroom & Asparagus Risotto

Creme Brulee

Or

Cheese & Crackers

Would love to hear what everybody else is having!

• angelcake71angelcake71 Posts: 523
    ooh good topic.. I am having a set menu of starter prawn cocktail, main chicken in white wine bacon and mushroom sauce, roast potatoes, and seasonal veg.. followed by either treacle sponge and custard, or banoffi pie! with a veg option for vegetarians..
  • Casper06ukCasper06uk Posts: 1,810
    MMM all sound very yummy!!!lol! x
  • I think your £20ph menu is great and really well priced so definatly a good all rounder.

We don't have any vegetarians during the day so haven't botherd with a vegetarian options, we have discussed the following as our menu:

Starter: Chargrilled chicken and bacon on a bed of green leaves tossed in a light ceaser style vinaigrette topped with croutons and served with a homemade roll

Main: Fillet of beef served with a homemade yorkshire pudding roasted potatoes season veg and a beef jus

Dessert: Meringue (we have been cheesey and said we want them in a heart shape hehe) topped with freshly whipped cream & fresh berriers, drizzed with milk and white chocolate and a rasberry coulis

Are you doing a seperate menu for the kids? My mum said do melon for starter and a smaller portion of the beef for their main and ice cream sundais for their pudding.

x

• Fab topic! The creme brulee sounds great, and the haggis with the drambuie is fab too!

Here's mine.

Starters: choice of -

Open pressed roasted vegetable gateaux with vanilla oil and red onion jam

Terrine of chicken with sund dried tomato, with caramelised kumquats and plum relish

Classic prawn cocktail

Soup of the moment with home made bread and Cornish butter (vegetarian)

Mains: choice of

Roasted salmon darne topped with crust minted pea and light pink peppercorn cream

Roast Westcountry beef served medium with Yorkshire pudding, horseradish cream tartlet, pan jus

White root vegetables topped with pecan, ricotta and sage pastry

Dessert: choice of

Rum and raisin cheesecake

Sticky toffee pudding with butterscotch sauce

3 cheese Cornish board with water biscuits, grapes and celery fingers

• smile99uksmile99uk Posts: 85
    Meh, I'm starting to think our menu's a bit lame looking at all yours. We're on a strict budget of £6000 for the whole wedding and we're having 120 guests and our caterer is doing the following for £14 a head

*Starter= Melon wrapped in parma ham

*Main= Lamb Tagine with cous cous

*Desert= Bakewell Pudding and Eton Mess

Followed by coffee (and then we're paying extra in teh evening for cheese and biscuits).
  • Aw smile99, I'm sorry you feel that way - for what it's worth I think your menu looks yum - eton mess is gorgeous! xxx
  • Smile99 - don't worry about your menu, it sounds lovely.

You can dress it up as much as you want but behind the fancy words most of us are having either meat or fish with potatoes and veg!

We're undecided on the starter & pud but having roast beef with yorkshires for main as it's our favourite.