HELP! Cheap reception at home after wedding abroad

I'm getting married in Mexico next April & since its going to be small we want a reception once we get home, May time.

I'm finding it impossible to find a venue!

They're all quoting me in the 1000's and we only have 100's! As its not the actual wedding we don't want some really big fancy reception just something nice for everyone to feel a part of, although I will be using it as an opportunity to wear my dress again

We live in Bucks but don't mind if it's in any surrounding areas so it's not like were being picky on location!

Can anyone help/suggestions/know of anywhere!?!

Gemma xximageimageimage

• cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786
    Have you tried village halls? My cousin is getting married abroad and is having her reception back at home in a school hall.

Any pubs with function rooms?
  • bomberukbomberuk Posts: 112
    Hi

We are getting married abroad & having a reception on our return, we are having it in a club which is cheap and getting family to do the food. We had looked at caterers but for approx 150 ( which we night have 250 coming now) it will cost a minimum of 600 for a basic finger buffett. So my H2B said he will take lead & sort it with help of family, as he is a picky eater and wants something different instead of a normal buffett, so i have budgeted 500 for it but looking to get it cheaper we haven't looked at shops yet. xx
  • I highly recommend going with a pub function room... Most of them will have the relaxed atmosphere, and you have the caterers right there. Pub food is good and cheap, and everyone will have access to an affordable bar if and when your alcohol budget it up.

We are actually using a really formal pub for our wedding reception venue and we aren't even paying a hire charge! Just a minumum spend on the day...