(North West) Music during wedding breakfast recomendations please...

As the title says really.

We were at a restaurant and there was a duo playing, one on a sax and other on piano. The music was jazz and I guess clasical as well. Anyway, we enquired and they asked for £350 for them to play during the meal! Is it me or is that quite steep for a couple of hours??

Has anyone got any other recomendations who they have heard/used please? Thanks x

• lornatatelornatate Posts: 77
    Hi,

We're having a acoustic guitar duo (Manchester based random tandem) play during our drinks reception and this is costing us £450 for 1 1/2hrs (split with short interval) so the above quote seems reasonable. We wanted some live music during the day but didn't really fancy a covers band in the evening so I'm glad we opted for this. They have their own take on songs and give a laid back feel (think Jack Johnson). I got a few quotes from different 2/3 pieces and they were all a similar price so I think this is fairly standard.

You might be able to find some music students at the local college that would do it for less.

Hope that helps, Lorna x
  • PeasnCarrotsPeasnCarrots Posts: 1,831
    My Brother in Law booked a busker a week before his wedding as a last minute decision and he was fab! Only cost him £80 (he was a violinist so that was a bargain) and he turned up suited and booted etc as requested.

Random thing to do, but maybe go straight to the high street!

• kez6305kez6305 Posts: 15
    i have booked a flute player for our breakfast, shes only £50 for two hours, i was gobsmacked as ive booked a harpist for the ceremony and drinks reception, 3hrs and she was £350