Please help - table names

Hi,

I am soooo stuck with table names. We have had loads of ideas including, famous films, film quotes, Hawaiian words (honeymoon destination), flowers, F1 drivers. Not happy with any of them. I need some good, original suggestions please ladies....Help!

xxx

• gem999gem999 Posts: 51
    Hiya,

My brother suggested that we name the tables after cocktails and then serve everyone on that table that cocktail!

Or maybe classic cars/motorbikes (my fella's ideas!)

Cartoon characters?

Comedians and then quote one of there jokes?

Song titles?

I still not decided so could do with some more ideas too!

xxxx
  • stephyhoopstephyhoop Posts: 24
    Ooooh, I like song titles ideas...could tie that in with wedding maybe e.g. 'Greatest day' Take That. Maybe i'll google that and look through my I Tunes.

Thanks for that xxx
  • shimmenashimmena Posts: 282
    We are having cocktails, each table will have a cocktail from one of our holidays. Beneath the cocktail will be a strap line saying the best drink we had in.....
  • nickicovnickicov Posts: 491
    We both worked in a theatre when we met, and love going to the theatre so we have the name of shows we worked on together, shows we have seen, and shows we want to see next. x

• My fiance proposed to me in Rome so we're thinking of going with either street names in Rome or names of iconic building/fountains there.
  • scrummie2bscrummie2b Posts: 266
    H2B rugby mad so we are going to name tables after rugby stadiums, Murrayfield, Millenium Stadium etc etc
  • lindsayulindsayu Posts: 1,939
    We're getting married in the zoo so thinking animals! Also considered love quotes, Yorkshire theme (where we're both from)
    Getting married in a zoo! That sounds amazing. Thanks for all the ideas so far, keep them coming pleeeeeease!

xxx
  • chezza2005chezza2005 Posts: 1,053
    Hi

We are having a Vintage English Country Garden themed wedding so I think for our table names we are going to have Flowers Fairies...you can order picture cards of each fairies so going to have one for each table. E.g, Wild Rose Fairy, Buttercup Fairy, Bluebell Fairy etc etc.

xx
  • mrs-mason2bmrs-mason2b Posts: 111
    A little depressing, but I recently went to a wedding where the tables were named after members of the family that had passed away, for example nans, grandads etc. It was actually really quite emotional and everyone just loved the idea. Particularly good for couples that have lost people close to them as its a great way of including them in their day.

Although might be a little too morbid for some, i guess it depends on your circumstances! x
  • Miss_PitstopMiss_Pitstop Posts: 342
    We are having racing circuits. We are getting married in a car museum, we both run a car club and we do the odd track day, so motorsport is important to us!

We found our inspiration on this site: http://www.tableplans.net/

They are quite pricey but have a look for ideas and see if any of them inspire you to make your own.

• ChardonnayChardonnay Posts: 1,761
    Ours are North London Irish pubs to go with our London Irish theme... So 'Claddagh Ring' 'the corrib's rest' etc

What kind of theme or other touches are you having for your wedding? Maybe you could link to those?
    Our theme is a bit vintagey, latte coloured bridesmaid dresses, white table accessories with latte flowers, diamantes. I don't really want to go down the flower route for table names. We haven't really gone for a theme, thus why we are finding this part a bit hard!!

xxx
  • i think we are having famous couples ie posh and becks marge and homer etc
    We were going to do famous couples, thought that would be good! Just being really indecisive. We're now thinkin of having a table for each year we've been together, which is quite handy as we got together in 2001. We'll put a photo of us from that year and a tag line e.g. 'our first festival'.

What do people think? Corny and a bit 'look at us' or a good idea?

xxx
  • sounds great thats the kind of originality im looking for but i could only think of famous couples
  • kate2008ukkate2008uk Posts: 137
    Quoted:
    We are having racing circuits. We are getting married in a car museum, we both run a car club and we do the odd track day, so motorsport is important to us!

We found our inspiration on this site: http://www.tableplans.net/

They are quite pricey but have a look for ideas and see if any of them inspire you to make your own.
    We were going to name our tables after circuits we had been to, but OH decided he wanted to name them after supercars in the end!

Quoted:
    We were going to do famous couples, thought that would be good! Just being really indecisive. We're now thinkin of having a table for each year we've been together, which is quite handy as we got together in 2001. We'll put a photo of us from that year and a tag line e.g. 'our first festival'.

What do people think? Corny and a bit 'look at us' or a good idea?

xxx
    I think thats a really lovely idea.
  • we have gone for types of trees. we are very traditional and i am marrying a farmer! so top table is oak, then there is elm, birch etc xx
  • soon2bmrsksoon2bmrsk Posts: 84
    we're havingthe names of our bridesmaids, pageboy, my nephew who is giving me away!! good job i've got 10 bridesamids x
  • amanda2Blyonamanda2Blyon Posts: 407
    Aww i like all those ideas.

We were gonna have "simpsons" quotes, but thought it would only be suitable for the younger ones who have seen it! lol

now we are using quality street sweets for each table. our wedding has a purple theme so the top table is gonna be "the big purple one" and so on image so will distribute those sweets on the relevant tables image xxx
  • lindsayulindsayu Posts: 1,939
    There are some fantastic ideas on here!!!

Going on from the zoo idea, we went to see The Lion King in the West End last night and whilst watching it I was thinking ooh could name each table after a character from the Lion King and have a stuffed toy as the table name. But now the alcohol has worn off I'm thinking maybe not, but maybe different Disney movies?! I think I have the mental age of a 6 year old!

I was also wondering about naming each table "The time when..." then having a mixture of memorable stories for each table. Funny or soppy, depending on who is on each table I guess.
  • pinkyperkypinkyperky Posts: 159
    butterfly names Monarch etc if having butterfly theme.

disney film names - Toy Story, Cinderella,
    I like the idea of 'The time when...'. I might tie that in with Friends. they name all their episodes 'The one with...' so you could do 'The one with our first holiday' etc. Thats an idea. So much help and ideas, now I just have to pick!!!