is anyone doing a candy bar

i was thinking of doing a diy candy bar has anyone been to a wedding this has been done or is anyone having or had it please let me know your thoughts

• reneebreezereneebreeze Posts: 168
    Yep we are having one - all in our colour scheme
  • are you doing it yourself or bringing in a company
  • MrsWessonMrsWesson Posts: 167
    I am thinking about doing it DIY but not entirely decided yet
  • we are doing our own one- i have brought loads of different sized and shaped jars (been trawling the charity shops!) and ordered some striped candy bags and scoops from ebay. going to buy the sweets from the market stall in my town. hope this helps x
  • we are doing our own one- i have brought loads of different sized and shaped jars (been trawling the charity shops!) and ordered some striped candy bags and scoops from ebay. going to buy the sweets from the market stall in my town. hope this helps x
  • oops double post!
  • sounds great just lookung for something different
  • chezza2005chezza2005 Posts: 1,053
    We are having one!

I ordered the jars the other day and they have arrived, really good prices and well packaged -

http://misterchips.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=20&zenid=b2acc79666222b21991e25a6773c5763

I will be decorating the table with pink/green bunting and the sweets will match our colour scheme.

xx
  • Fourfoot11Fourfoot11 Posts: 262
    I'm doing one as well, got jars from IKEA, little silver scoops from Confetti and I have at least 500 more white & yellow stripy paper bags than I need, so if anyone would like these, give me a shout!

As for the sweeties, I'm going for a jar of fizzy, a jar of lollies, a jar of jellies, etc. Planning on ordering from the online-sweets. Depending how the budget goes, this might have to double up as favours.
  • Nya_brideNya_bride Posts: 279
    Yep i am creating our DIY

Got jars from TK MAXX and The Range so far...all cheap.

Scoops from Confetti....although not sure if i will change these.

Bags off ebay.

I know someone who will supply sweets.

Got to get a frame to frame the sweetie poem i have still

I feel like we have hardly spent anything off it
  • zetasilverzetasilver Posts: 33
    hi..just had our beautiful wedding...a perfect day!! our diy candy buffet was fab...it didnt cost the earth, but it really was lovely..no pics just yet..was only 2 days ago lol! big kids and little kids loved it, was worth every penny!! everyone thought it was a great idea..nothing much left..even the hotel staff enjoyed a treat of three! dont think about it just do it lol!! something all my guests enjoyed and will remember..hope u have a day as lovely and perfect as our..best wishes and good luck xx imageimage
  • Kelstar22Kelstar22 Posts: 31
    Hi ladies,

I am having a sweetie table also, i got all the jars from Ikea for a couple of £ and i am buying all retro sweets from Makro.

Fourfoot11 i would love the sweet bags, i have been struggling to find them, how much would you like for them?

[email protected]

Thank you xx x
    Hi ladies,

I am having a sweetie table also, i got all the jars from Ikea for a couple of £ and i am buying all retro sweets from Makro.

Fourfoot11 i would love the sweet bags, i have been struggling to find them, how much would you like for them?

[email protected]

Thank you xx x
    ps ...only need 120 bags image xx
    MrsDalyinSept- just sent you an e-mail with some more details!
    Thanks again Fourfoot11, that's realy kind of you.

x x
    Kelly- popped bags in post today!