Stationery, who's job?

I read somewhere that it's the grooms job to sort out the wedding stationery. Is that right, I need him to help somehow!

• MaylanMaylan Posts: 9,604
    You take up a list of things that need to be done, and give him half. Ask him what he would like to do (usually they like music and stuff), and that's what he'll do.

Stationary could be one of them. Not sure who 'traditionally' does it, but my H2b has had input on everything, whether he sorted it out himself or I did.
  • cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786
    My husband did the printing of it and cutting to size I put it all together.

My husband sorted the car, the church, the suits, we jointly did the reception, decoration, food choices, I did my dress, bridesmaids, flowers etc
  • PeasnCarrotsPeasnCarrots Posts: 1,831
    Im not leaving him to sort anything big on his own. If he did the invitations people would probably get the details scrawled on a sticky note...

I will ask his opinion on things and maybe I will give him a few little jobs to do on his own. If you want your h2b to do something to help you could ask him what he WANTS to help with and go from there x
  • I made our invitations... no way would I trust my H2B with that!!!
  • RowenaFWRowenaFW Posts: 2,078
    It sounds incredibly dubious to be "traditionally" his job, since "traditionally" invites are sent from the bride's parents.

When we do invites, I'm designing them with his input and my mum's, then making them and I will almost certainly ask him to do the cutting (he has a very steady hand with a guillotine, is much more patient than me, and takes longer to get hand ache) and I'll do the sticking together/tea staining.
  • I have to find everything I like..

then present H2B with my favourite things, then we pick together from my selection!!