North West Wedding Suppliers from recommendation :-)

Hi all,

I joined the site in 2010 when I had just got engaged and we got married in December at The Lymm Hotel. I have been looking through some threads and thought I would tell you about my experiences and hopefully give some advice.

The main thing not to cut money on is your dress. I made a massive mistake doing this and found a company on Facebook and booked her. Basically my dress didn't turn up until 6pm the night BEFORE!! I hadn't even tried it on and when I did, it had oil marks on it and didn't fit. Luckily I had bought a back up from China which I ended up having to wear. It wasn't THE dress but at least I had something to wear. Thinking about what this woman did really upsets me as it ruined the day but I'm married now so that's all that matters.

We had a photo booth which was the talking point of the wedding. I would highly recommend one of these (just not the company we used!) If you haggle with companies, they will discount their services and you can get one for around £400.

We found Will Hey Wedding Photography on Google and his website initially attracted me but it was that good I though he'd be too expensive!! Adrian is lovely and gave us a great package so we booked him straight away.

We searched around for cars and came across some rude people along the way but finally found South Manchester Wedding Cars who were fantastic.

My sister runs Exquisite Rooms and Balloons and so of course, all of the venue dressing was down to them. They provided the chair covers, centrepieces, balloons, uplighters, personalised favours, candy buffet and post box!! Another talking point was the exploding balloon over the dance floor. Even I completely forgot about it until my husband told me to move over a little bit and it exploded with balloons an confetti during the first dance! Everybody gasped and loved it!

So from my wedding, I would only recommend Exquisite Rooms and Balloons, Will Hey Wedding Photography and South Manchester Wedding Cars. They are all on Facebook so you can see all of their work and my biggest tip is not to cut back on the most important thing........the dress!! Why I did, I will never know but I am planning a renewal of vows in 10 years with the biggest dress I can find! Haha. x

• MrsOR2bMrsOR2b Posts: 63
    hi

what photo booth company did you hire? we have just booked one !! I know u prob cant write it on here, but wuld b really nice if u culd message me image We r in manc too

heather xx