Bad dj - London area

I booked dj Darren James for my wedding in March and was very disappointed. He insisted on only using cds, but didn't have everything we wanted him to play so we ended up providing some of the music ourselves. He was very poor at keeping in touch before the day as well - he never checks his email and has several mobile numbers, none of which he ever seems to answer. If we hadn't already paid a deposit I would have cancelled him before the day - I wish I had.

On the day, to be fair, he did manage to keep everyone on the dancefloor, but he played the wrong first dance song, which was absolutely gutting. He then played songs we specifically asked him not to play. He got shout-outs wrong too - the whole thing just reeked of lack of effort. He left without saying anything at the end of the night. I emailed him subsequently with feedback and he has never replied. We had paid him £600.

I would definitely NOT recommend Darren James to other brides!

http://www.weddingdjdarrenjames.co.uk/

• suzmatsuzmat Posts: 3
    I am so sorry you had a bad time with him I hope it didn't spoil your day too much
  • Keeley4684Keeley4684 Posts: 259
    Thanks for letting us all know about this and I'm so sorry that he didn't do ask u asked him too. I hope he didn't ruin youre day too much x