Italian Menu-calling all Italians!!

Hi Ladies,

H2b and I were going to marry in Tuscany, but unfortunately we felt it would be too much to ask of our guests....and our budget!

Instead we're marrying over here and wanted to have a very Italian menu at our breakfast but not sure what to suggest to our caterers. We make a lot of pasta and risotto dishes at home-so something along those lines is a great choice.

Does anyone have any specific suggestions?

XX

• hkeenanhkeenan Posts: 8
    We're not going for a full italian theme however I love italian food having lived in italy previous and we are having antipasti as our starter - plates of tomatoes, mozzarella, palma ham, bread, olives etc (whatever takes your fancy) placed in the centre of the tables so that each table can pass them amongst themselves. as well as enjoying these food we thought it was a very social way that can help people get talking if not everyone knows each other when they sit down.
  • repjohnsonrepjohnson Posts: 1,243
    I'm stuck for ideas for your main course but your dessert has to be the Italian classic and my favourite dessert Tiramasu!!!! yuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmm
  • Yes we thought about antipasti- we love to pick at some of that in the garden when the weather is nice.....lol.

Great I'll suggest that...and tiramisu is also my fave! I actually tried some of their Tiramisu when we went to visit the venue last weekend-they had a really nice cafe.

• hi there, I have recently come back from italy, and went to see several caterers out there and we are currently choosing our selection from their menus as they sent us a list of everything they did, if you want me to send you copies of all their foods that they do, let me know. [email protected]
  • Hi

We had an italian theme for our wedding breakfast last year, our guests had choice of 3 starters, 4 mains and 2 puddings:

Starters:

Tomato and Basil Bruschette

Mozzarella and Parma Ham Parcels

Melon and Parma Ham

Mains:

Homemade Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli

Chicken Panzanella (italian style salad with olives etc)

Beef in Barollo (italian red wine) with parmesan mash

Crabmeat Risotto

Puddings:

Tiramisu

Fruit Compote and homemade italian ice cream

Italian ice cream

Also we served biscotti with the coffee (rather than mints) and our toast drink was Bellini (champagne with peach puree)!

Hope that helps - any questions feel free to ask! x

• CeleryukCeleryuk Posts: 3,640
    you could have some ossu bucco which is a dish meat, some courgette flower tempura (it's italian I promised but tempura sounds better than fried)...I have an enormous cooking book at home about italian cuisine and so much more than pasta, pizza and risotto. Will check tonight and post some more.

• CeleryukCeleryuk Posts: 3,640
    main dish:

Chicken Cacciatora: a chicken chasseur basically. Cassolette of chicken cooked in garlic, clery, pancetta, mushrrom herbs and white wine.

Osso buco with tomatoes: veal shank cooked in garlic, white wine, tomatoes and olive oil and herbs.

veal involtini: asparagus, ham and italian cheese roll into a veal escalope.

piccata al limone: veal escalope cooked in lemom, white wine and capers with parsley and caperberries to decorate. One of my favorites!

Dessert:

tiramisu

panna cotta with some verries coulis

strawberry with vanilla ice cream and balsamic vinegar

cassata which is like our fruit cake but made with riccota and dried fruits.

baked figs with icre cream

panforte

Just few ideas...

xxx