Forum home Receptions

what are you putting in your ladies loo baskets?

So far I have

hairbrush

bobbles

lipglosses

mattifying papers

deodorant

perfume

tampons, pads and bags

mini packs of wipes

plasters

paracetamol

and breath spray!

I need to add some rennies too......anything else which would be practical?

oh yeah I have a bayliss and hardind hand wash and lotion set too!

• mrsmacmrsmac Posts: 322
    I'm putting in safety pins as well (was at a wedding a couple of years ago where someone's zip broke on their dress and needed some emergency repairs), and some clarityn or similar allergy/hayfever pills.
  • maisiecupcakemaisiecupcake Posts: 517
    Mints and mini sewing kit is also on my list xx
  • MrsCocoRibMrsCocoRib Posts: 87
    Ah yeah, good ideas thanks ladies
  • thirdthingthirdthing Posts: 582
    I hadn't even thought of putting things in the ladies loos! Now you have got me worried!!! My reception is at a local cfe and we are hiring a portion of it so the loos aren't exclusively for me and my guests ... I think if I put some treats in they would vanish within minutes!
  • WendyWeebleWendyWeeble Posts: 292
    Hairspray & lint roller
  • MrsHarrimanMrsHarriman Posts: 111
    Hi girlies,

I have finished my basket and poem but the venue has told me that the toilets are open to hotel guests aswel as the wedding party I cant have any tablets, ie asprin that was in my poem image so i will have to reword it lol...

Just you might want to check before you put everything in if they wont allow bits.

I have put in mine:

hairspray

kirby grips,

bobbles,

hair brush,

dry shampoo,

tampax & pads etc,

Mints & chewing gum,

sewing kit & safety pins,

Perfume,

deodrant,

fem fresh,

faceial wipes,

clear nail polish,

mascara,

bronzer & brush,

red lipstick & clear lip gloss,

hand cream,

tissues,

plasters,

nail file,

fake eyelashes,

nail glue

and i think thats it lol..

xx
  • Hi all, I have started to put a basket together but struggling for a poem. Does anyone have one they can share please!

Thank You (11 days to go image )

Sarah
  • TheNewMrsCTheNewMrsC Posts: 558
    I'm using this poem-

We're so happy you're here sharing our special day

But just in case something should go astray,

Please help yourself to the contents within

Mouthwash, hand lotion or ibuprofen

Use what you need, and just leave the rest

For it may be useful to another guest!

Repair the damage that may have been done,

And get yourself out there before the next song!

Compliments of the newly weds

In my basket I'm including nail files,hair spray,70 designer perfume samples,blotting papers,sewing kit,plasters,gel cushions for shoes,blister plasters,lint roller,safety pins,nurofen,tampons,pads,individualy wrapped femfresh wipes,wet wipes,tissues,individually wrapped elemis face wipes,deodorant,kirby grips,hair bands,make-up remover filled cotton buds,rennie & going to have a jar of mints too.

• mrshughes2013mrshughes2013 Posts: 2,063 New bride
    Blister plasters!!!!
  • Oh my god I'm so clueless. Brilliant idea but no idea people did this! 3 months to go and I am FREAKING OUT!!!
  • TheNewMrsCTheNewMrsC Posts: 558
    Quoted:
    Oh my god I'm so clueless. Brilliant idea but no idea people did this! 3 months to go and I am FREAKING OUT!!!

lol!

I saw it on a blog a while back but didn't realise how popular they were! We have exclusive hire of our venue so no random people will be able to use it! It doesn't have to cost the earth to do either image
  • I'm also going to get the bride and groom toilet roll from either celebrations or amazon! i think its the cutest loo roll!!! image xx xx
  • I also had no idead this kind of thing should be done, oops!

Our venue is open to other guests so perhaps I will just make up an emergency repair kit and let people know that it is about if needed.

Apart from what has already been listed the only other thing that I always find my friends and I need on a night out is spare tights, I never leave the house in a skirt unless I have extra tights in whatever colour I'm wearing. May be going slightly beyond the necessary here . . .
  • nats2013nats2013 Posts: 6,253
    'should' be done?

No people choose to do otherwise and i will not! Im not a girls girl so none of this makes any sense to me. i go to the looooonf to wee not pick up boys and bobs

do love the bride and groom bog roll idea but can image a barrage of impressive jokes about being smeared all over someone's bottom so perhaps not image
  • Jog_OnJog_On Posts: 90
    Quoted:
    'should' be done?

No people choose to do otherwise and i will not! Im not a girls girl so none of this makes any sense to me. i go to the looooonf to wee not pick up boys and bobs

do love the bride and groom bog roll idea but can image a barrage of impressive jokes about being smeared all over someone's bottom so perhaps not

"i go to the looooonf to wee not pick up boys and bobs " LOL I know its a typo but still hilarious

"can image a barrage of impressive jokes about being smeared all over someone's bottom so perhaps not" Awful but hilarious

• Canary25Canary25 Posts: 51
    careful putting paracetamol in there though, if you have little ones!
  • nats2013nats2013 Posts: 6,253
    Ooips-really need to turn predictive text off my phone image