Essex brides?

Hi all

Its my first post so please be gentle image

I'm very much newly engaged and finding everything a bit daunting. I've been reliantly informed that the best place to start is booking that venue.

I wondered if you could share your wedding reception venues for Essex to give me a bit of inspiration?

Thanks very much

Overwhelmed bride to be! image

• NowMrsMackNowMrsMack Posts: 2,535
    Firstly.. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

And welcome fellow Essex Bride! The best way to narrow down venues, is to know what your budget is first!! Some places have a hire charge, and then charge for food and drink on top, so it can be handy to know what your total would be for this area of the wedding!
  • MrsAJ2012MrsAJ2012 Posts: 196
    I second that - congratulations! Nice to have another Essex bride on here, we seem to be small in numbers!

I agree with MrsMack, it totally depends on your budget. My advice would be to shop around and don't discount anything until you've seen it! And also take your time. As much as I love our venue, we did rush into it all a bit (we booked it 2 weeks after getting engaged!) and I now wish we'd enjoyed the hunting a bit more! Good luck with it all though and I'd be happy to recommend any of my supplies - haven't used them yet but have mostly come from recommendations so I'm hoping they'll all be good image
  • BuddletBuddlet Posts: 1,289
    I'm an Essex Bride too image because I knew we wanted to get married in a church in a village where we use to live it narrowed down reception venues as I personally didnt want to be travelling more than 30mins from the church...luckily my venue is only 5-10mins from the church.

I would def say think about travelling for yourself and guests to your venue and if you find a venue a bit further away to see if they have places to stay at the venue itself or local hotels / b&bs.

Enjoy!
  • Naomi1984Naomi1984 Posts: 142
    Hello!

Im an Essex bride too...

Im getting married at Gaynes Park in Epping, its really amazing but really expensive.

There are loads of beautiful places and amazing suppliers too with us being near London.

Good luck with the start of your plans x
  • TheNewMrsCTheNewMrsC Posts: 558
    Helllo fellow Essex bride! Where in Essex are you based?

You can purchase the Essex wedding venues magazine from WHSmiths.

• Roast0938Roast0938 Posts: 104
    Hiya I'm an Essex bride. We are gettin married at orsett hall this December. Happy to send over any recommendations of people we are usin. So far everyone has been good!! Good luck with the planning. X
  • MrsChez2bMrsChez2b Posts: 476
    Wow I didnt realise there were so many Essex brides here! We've booked The lawn in Rochford and it was the first and only place we looked at. Sometimes it pays to go with your gut feeling, we knew as soon as we pulled into the driveway that this was where we wanted to get married!

Good luck! Would be great for Essex Brides to share planning stories image

xx
  • Scully77Scully77 Posts: 39
    We're getting married at Gaynes Park in September, it's coming around so fast !

Have to agree with the previous posts, I think working out your budget first is a must, you don't want to have to compromise on other parts of the wedding because the venue has blown the budget !

Mrschez2b makes a good point, I think you'll just have a gut feeling once you walk into the venue that's right for you. Gaynes Park was the first we looked at & we just fell in love ! Just to be sure we visited 5 others, but nothing felt right. Essex has some amazing venues, I'm sure you'll have no problems finding the one for you.

Good luck ! x
  • NowMrsB2012NowMrsB2012 Posts: 4,835
    Hi all

Im a bit late really but I was an Essex bride two weeks ago! image

I can recommend some fab suppliers if anyone wants?

We got married at Woolston Manor in Chigwell. Weather was pants but it was the best day of my life!
  • Hey,

We sat and figured out guest numbers first as that's the venues first question, helps give you an idea as to what sorta size you're looking at.. I'd also recommend doing it as short notice as possible! There were some amazing deals to be had out there, and some places will include some things so it's less for you to sort out... I'll be getting married at Three Rivers Golf & Country Club 21st July image

• mrsmagoo2bmrsmagoo2b Posts: 113

Hello fellow Essex Brides - Congratulations to you all

We're getting married at The Reid Rooms in Margaret Rodings, which is near Ongar/Chelmsford - lovely location

Good Luck in your search x

• MrsSAllenMrsSAllen Posts: 44

I'm another essex bride (well...bride has been because its a renewal of vows!)

We're having a ceremony at St Andrews @ Hornchurch then a homemade buffet as a hall afterwards. Would love to know your venues & deals that you have got.

We have a guest list of 100 people (eek!) and a small budget hence the self done buffet!

image S xx

• Hi, there are some beautiful wedding venues in Essex, Gaynes Park and Spain's Hall being amongst my favourites, also Orsett Hall, Friern Manor and Gosfield Hall are all beautiful, I am a wedding and event floral designer based in Essex, so if anyone needs any help re venues I may be able to help,

www.theorchidroomweddings.com

Hi Orchard Room, I had a quick browse on your website and in your gallery, I love the picture of the white flowers in the square glass cubes, taken at Gosfield Hall (near the start of the slideshow). Out of curiousity, how much would something like that cost? We're on a budget, but they're really beautiful. We'd need about 14 so have a feeling it'll be way too much for me but thought i'd ask anyway. Feel free to PM me if thats easier.

Thanks

Jo xx

• Hi mrschez2b

Thank you for your comments, That arrangement was ??35. But did include roses bouvardia, Calla lillies and eucharist lillies, and mixed herbs,

They were very pretty, and smelt beautiful as I had used Norma jean roses which are scented. You do not need to have anything too big at The Lawns as it is a very pretty venue in its own right, if you need anymore help, please feel free to ask , Caroline x

Thanks Caroline. I've sent a mesage through your website. Hope you get it. Thanks Jo x

• Hi Jo, yes I did thank you, I will call you tonight, Caroline