Forum home Receptions

Favours for children

mebananamebanana Posts: 114
Probably quite a common question, but I'm struggling to find a good idea, so your thoughts would be appreciated.

We have our adults' favours sorted (homemade blackberry whisky) but I'm struggling what to get for the children.

We will have 2 18 month year olds (a boy and a girl) and a 8yr old boy. I can see lots of people saying colouring books etc - but this would be too young for the 8yr old and too old for the other two.

Help! image

• How about a sock monkey for the little ones look up Bella bots sock monkeys on face book they are great
  • I found these magnetic face books that I very nearly bought... They'd be amazing for the little ones (I thought) and then I also found a book with "build your own tractors" in (out of card that you pushed out). I'm really sorry but I can't remember their titles or anything because I didn't end up getting them image
  • We have made goodie bags for all the kids!!

Will go on their seats.

They all have different things in their bags to suit them and their ages!
  • TheNewMrsCTheNewMrsC Posts: 558
    We have done the same as Clare_Jeffery, made them each a goodie bag with age appropriate things in; ie sweets,colouring pads,stickers,toys,crayons etc
  • Mrs BoundsMrs Bounds Posts: 1,311

We'll be making the children a goody bag each, probably in a stocking, as we're having a christmas wedding! I'm considering hiring a santa to entertain the kiddies during the drinks reception too! 

• RosebudRosebud Posts: 6
    Hiring santa would be a good idea.In the goody bags put in some cholate coinsandif your budget can afford a little snow dome ones that you shake and the snow goes everyway

great idea about the snowglobe Rosebud! I'm planning on getting cholcoate coins for every guest, why should the yummy things be for kids only is my viewimage x

• RosebudRosebud Posts: 6
    Glad you liked my idea I will see what other crazy ideas i come up with.I will probaly shock myself lol

lol the more ideas the merrier i would love to some some quirky favours! x

• mebananamebanana Posts: 114

Thanks for the ideas!