Forum home Receptions

Flowers - Help I am trying to create this

Hi Guys, 

I have the vases, and the flowers, but am trying to figure out how to create this, does any one have any videos or tips that could help?

file://localhost/Users/Immy/Desktop/photo.JPG

• Immy KaurImmy Kaur Posts: 5

• MrsTwizbeMrsTwizbe Posts: 3,355 New bride

You need a good ball of oasis stuck to the top of your vases. Best to use florists tape for that as it wont damage the oasis too much.

They you need to use quite strong stemed flowers. Looks like they have used gypsiphillia to pad the design out (a good choice) roses or lysianthus would be good for the more substantial blooms.

Are you planning a trip to a wholesalers to get the flowes?

Yeah will be going to a wholesalers, oh ok that sounds good, if you come across any videos or anything that will make it easier do let me know *nervous*

Not quite the same, but there were the table centres from my wedding that me and my mum made

Oh wow stunning, so it is possible. I just need to figure this out how to do it on such a grand scale

It is really easy. You can google videos for flower arranging and they will tell you how to prep the oasis etc, but basically you need to

• Prep the oasis by letting it soak in water for a few hours. You want it damp but not soaking. You prob want the oasis in a ball shape (you can buy it pre shaped)
    • You will then need to attach it to the vase, not sure what the top is like but most likely you will take the oasis with florists tape to it. try to make a cross in the tape on the oasis ball.
    • Start with the bigger flowers and start in the top/middle and work round in circles. Fill gaps with gypsiphillia to creat a puffed out look

It really is so easy to do, and you can re use oasis so give it a go with some supermarket flowers until you get the hang of it.

Thanks so much, will do a trial run image x

• heliganedenheliganeden Posts: 1,848

You might want to also have some florist wire to wrap round the stems - that way they will keep the shape better - good luck, sure it will look fab image

• MRMRS2014MRMRS2014 Posts: 1,279

As said above really. It is best not to re use oasis because it crumbles if it has already been used and doesn't soak up water properly x