Wedding Reception Derbyshire

Hi Everyone!

This is my first post as I'm newly engaged image

We haven't yet set a budget for our big day but for the venue for the reception we were hoping to not spend anymore than £3,000. Is this doable? We live in Derbyshire and are looking for somewhere nearby or towards Staffordshire as we have family there. Any ideas?

Thank you! xxx

• I'd ask local B&Bs and hotels if you could put a marquee on their lawn. Wedding venues (Tissington Hall etc) charge £6-10K, so not do able in your budget.

• The Sitwell Arms at Renishaw does packages for £3k.  It's the Sheffield side of Derbyshire though (junction 30 of the M1) so it might be too far for you.

I'm afraid if you want something like Tissington Hall, the Maynard, Hassop Hall, Mosborough Hall, Stancliffe Hall etc you are looking at £6k - £12k depending on whether you have a Saturday wedding in August or a Tuesday wedding in February.

• The marquee is a good idea although I'm nervous in case it rains, I've found a few small hotels which have cheaper packages. The Sitwell arms looks nice, it is a tad far but I wouldn't mind for the perfect venues image thanks for the info derbyshirebridetobe x
  • I'm not sure a marquee is the answer anyway to be honest - most charge about £3k just for the marquee, and then you need all the extras including any venue hire charges (which can run to £3k in themselves for some places) plus catering costs.  From my research I think a smaller hotel package is probably the way to go to get your costs in on budget.

• Oh really? Jeez that's more than I thought and I suppose you have to hire all the tables chairs etc. a smaller hotel is the way forward. Just need it find the perfect one!!
  • My friend had a lovely wedding at The Palace Hotel in Buxton. Their prices seem fairly reasonable: Ceremony room hire from £450, wedding breakfast & evening reception room hire from £250 and 3 course menus from £23/ head. My friend actually had the ceremony on the bandstand and the reception in the hotel it was really lovely.

• Hi

Have you looked at groupon deals?  http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/nottingham/wedding/101116

http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/derby/brook-new-hotel/216434

Also check out your local authority website for a list of place to marry. I found a gem by this method which was council owned but run by caterers who did not advertise very much. I would never have found such a brilliant, beautiful cost efficient venue via a normal web search,

Good luck

H x 

• hello i am looking to have my wedding at stancliffe hall has anyone had a wedding and know if they do package and how much for