Dry-hire wedding venue for 200 guest under £10,000

Perhaps I'm being completely unreasonable, but why, why, why is it soooo hard to find a dry-hire venue for a "reasonable" price. I'm really starting to despair. I have been engaged for about a month and was so excited I've pretty much told the world and his mum I'm getting married in August next year.

Having now done a lot of research, I'm doubting that that's going to happen...image

"All" I want is a pretty venue to host around 200 guests. I need caterers that can do both Nigerian and Caribbean food, whih is why I need a dry hire venue or at least a venue with caterers that can meet our needs. I am regularly getting quotes of £15,000 to £20,000 for a Saturday in August - but the budget for the entire wedding is only £25,000 (my FH and I are paying for it ourselves and that will be a stretch anyway as we are simultaneoulsy trying to buy a house - don't get me started on that!)

I live in Kent, but would consider Kent, Surrey, Hertfordshire, Essex and (green/leafy parts of London).

If anyone out there can think of a venue that has a country manor/stately home kind of vibe for around the £8,000 mark - please, please, please let me know!

Alternatively, if what I am looking for is just crazy and unrealistic for the price I can afford, let me know that too. So I can stop hunting and give up on getting married next year...

• PinkafroPinkafro Posts: 1,211

That sounds very doable!! £15-£20k sounds ridiclous!!

I wasn't looking for that kind of venue really, but did go to see Northbrook Park in Farnham. http://www.northbrookpark.co.uk/

Their Orangery room seats 200 people.

Their prices were £5-£8k from what I remember. The only issue is that they have one main caterer who they most encourage you to use (the most expensive one obviously), and if you don't want to go with them they will then let you know the other options they also allow. I don't know what these catering companies are so not sure if they do Nigerian/Caribbean or if they would allow a different company who did. But its always worth explaining the situation and asking...

• JJ2013JJ2013 Posts: 628

I needed a venue for 150 guests and I found as soon as you went over 120 guests the prices rocketed and the choice fell off a cliff!

My venue would work for you, it seats up to 230 but it isn't a traditional wedding venue (it's an old hall from the 1900s that's now owned by the council and used for local arts) but it means it doesn't have the price tag either- I'm paying about £3,000 for hire. You can use any caterer that you want. It's called Harrow Arts Centre if you want to take a closer look.

My friend went to a massive Indian wedding at a banqueting hall in Edgware, I don't know the name but I am sure that google could help you.

Good luck x

• Thanks @PinkAfro - I did dactually tray Northbrook Park, but every Saturday from July to September next year is already fully booked!

@JJ2013 - I'll check those venues out - thanks!

• What about a field in kent where you can erect your own marquee?

Pm if you would like more details

• SesitySesity Posts: 19

Hiya, I'm getting married next August too. If you're willing to have the ceremony and reception seperate the place I'm having my reception may suit you. 

It's Haileybury college in Hertford. They have a few different room options depending on how many guests you have. 

To give you an idea of prices - 

My hire is £250 a day ( I booked Fri 12pm till Sun 12pm for decorating & clearing up)

The afternoon tea (bulked up with extra savories to serve as lunch) is £4 pp

Corkage is £5.50 pp 

The 'posh bbq' evening meal is £12 pp 

And they let you bring in your own caterers if you'd prefer! Our whole reception with them (for 90 people) is costing £2,300! 

The rooms are just like you would see in a stately home, we have booked a huge hall, a lounge room, and big walled garden for that £250. They only host three or four weddings a year, I urge you to go see, it's a lovely venue!

• Thanks Sesity - I will have a look at Haileybury College.

I will pm you now [email protected].

Thanks

Eve

• Hi, have you looked at the Fennes in Essex?

They have what they call "multi-cultural offers" which sounds exactly like what you require.

Not sure of capacity but looks BIG!

x

• I tried Fennes - looks lovely, but just too expensive for me... I should have known they wouldn't be cheap when their DVD brochure pack arrived in the post.

I think I am going to go with Braxted Park in Witham in Essex. They are quite far from where I live, but it's a nice venue and just about within budget. Just now trying to find a an external caterer - the in-house catering package costs over £31k for 160 guests!

• Hello all Brides and Grooms to-be! 

Hallmark Events are here to take all the stress and anxiety out of Wedding Planning 

Here at Hallmark events, we are a fountain of fresh ideas, creativity and style. Our vision is to bring your vision to life. We aim to transform your occasion into a memorable celebration. 

We take great delight in planning, preparing, organising and coordinating the wedding day you have always wanted. We will listen to your every requirement and expertly take care of every detail to ensure a flawlessly professional, stress free, enjoyment filled occasion 

We guarantee to do our very best for you in whatever capacity you require us, whether it is for sourcing vendors, or merely on the day management and coordination. 

Although we offer wedding packages, we promise a bespoke service to each couple. We are here to provide a tailored service so that every event is unique, distinctive and totally exquisite. 

We will work with trusted vendors and suppliers to ensure that goods and services are supplied on time, to specification and within budget. We have vast experience in planning and managing large weddings and Nigerian weddings. No event is too big or too small. 

Hallmark Events have the knowledge, experience and resources to meet your requirements. We will manage costs without compromising on style, elegance and detail. We promise to be on hand from the ringing of the church bells until the bride and groom are bided farewell for honeymoon 

Here are just some of the services that we offer: 

* Budget Planning 
    * Personalised Timeline 
    * Help with themes and styling of the day 
    * Venue sourcing for both ceremony and reception 
    * Photography 
    * Cake 
    * Flowers 
    * Sourcing other suppliers 
    * Bridal Wear 
    * Bridal Party Attire 
    * Transport 
    * Hair and make-up 
    * Entertainment 
    * Stationary 
    * Transport 
    * Traditional Engagement 

If you require assistance, guidance or just someone to discreetly walk in the shadows to ensure a seamless flow of events contact us today. We will be happy to help 

Phone: (44) 796 105 1209

Email: [email protected]

• Becky110Becky110 Posts: 5

Hi, 

Just seen this thread. Looking around at all the venues, and noticed that De Rougemont Manor in Brentwood have just started doing dry hire. You can bring all your own catering and alcohol if you want. The place looks amazing, and it's in the countryside too so have some great areas for pics. 

Price not to crazy for a dry hire either!! Everywhere seems to be in the 10k plus mark! 

Let me know how you get on 

B x 

• StrawberriesStrawberries Posts: 242 New bride
    Thanks for the suggestd venues that allow dry hire. I'm looking for dry higher option in Cambridge and Rugby Warwickshire.