Looking for a venue in Bristol, bath area

Hello girls, we are planing on getting married in June 2014 but need a venue! We don't want anything big and flash and would like an informal do, maybe in a marquee somewhere picturesque. We live in the Bristol, Bath area-- does anyone have any ideas of any places where we can put up a marquee or any less formal locations that don't cost the earth. Thank you image

• My Mother used to live at Bower Ashton just at the bottom of Ashton Court.

They do Wedding there and they have fantastic photo opportunities.

It is owned and run by Bristol Council and council venues tendto be cheaper!

• Hi Alison, thank you for this I have googled it & there doesn't seem to be a natural venue, though the area is lovely.  Which particular venue do you mean?

• www.ashtoncourtmansion.co.uk

• LismeLisme Posts: 20

Ashton court is lovely, I know two people who got married there and they loved it.  You can get good out of season and last minute deals there too.

If you like the industrial look, try the paintworks, it's not picturesque but is an awesome space (but was too big for us).

How big is your budget?  We looked at quite a few but they were too much money for us to afford.

Westbury-on-Trym Village Hall was great but fully booked for next year (worth checking for last minute cancellations though).

Have you looked at Arnos Vale?  Their ceremony room is lush, but my h2b got creeped out by all the gravestones, it is a very lovely setting apart from that though.

You could also try beeses cafe on the river between bath and bristol, pretty venue and you get a boat to and from. Likewise the Bathwick boatman restaurant near Bradfor-upon-avon looks lovely.