Evening food

are you catering for all your guests in the evening? I went to a wedding the other week and over half the bacon rolls went back unbeaten, such a waste of food and money! But in the other hand I don't want guests to go hungry. 

Any experiences welcomed

• Amanda12Amanda12 Posts: 127

I was advised to cater for 75%.

• MrsF14MrsF14 Posts: 131

We were told 75% too.  Even at that there was food left over x

• sooz84sooz84 Posts: 378

Yep us too, I reckon there will still be too much image

• Mrs K!!Mrs K!! Posts: 664

I'm only catering for 40%. only having 20 extra evening guests and am feeding my all day guests at 5.30-6pm so I don't feel the need to feed them again nibbly bits is all we are doing as I was worried about waste too.

our venues accommodation has a guest fridge that I may pop a couple of sandwich platters in just incase.

i just know i have never eaten at a wedding buffet as I'm full from dinner and wanting to drink!!

• We have doubled our guest numbers by the evening, but everyone will have eaten before they come any way. I think I will go the 60%-70%. I always panic about not having enough food! 

thank you! 

• Nat 1479Nat 1479 Posts: 145

We have a cake of cheese, so this will cater for the "evening" part of the day! 

• Hullass1972Hullass1972 Posts: 547 New bride

Our hotel is insisting on us catering 100% on the evening but we're completely ignoring that. They're providing a hog roast for the stated 120 guests but we aren't stressing if more than that turn up because not everyone will eat anyway.

• We're catering for 75% too. Have to admit I am a bit nervous about running out of food though!