Candles or flowers....

I can't decide on the centrepieces.

What do you all think???

Thanks

• Sensual_EmSensual_Em Posts: 338
    why not both?
  • Em,

I've got a vase with a church candle (you know one of the upside down bell type) and thought I cold put some glass chippings in and then put flowers around venue and on top table (cut down on cost) but then would flowers look on all tables look better??
  • hi am not sure what am having yet,but thought of small vase on tables with single lilly,fancied floating candles but didnt no if this would b a lot of hassle 4 the hotel 2 do 4 me
    I am having a church candle with flowers surrounding it.

It is totally up to you how you want to do things, if you have a vase that you put your church candle in with chippings, why not surround the vase with flowers, you still have the effect and still use flowers.

It depends on the size of your tables obviously
  • Charis - i'm sure you could rope someone into helping if the hotel won't accomodate. It is your day after all!

Em - i like that idea!

Where are you both having your reception?
  • Hi

I found this fab website with loads of pics for inspiration - hope it helps!

http://www.uniquefloralexpressions.com/index.php?Centerpieces.html

xx
    I am having my reception at the Dolphin Hotel in St Ives Cambs, it is gorgeous, right next to a river
  • nicandleenicandlee Posts: 1,743
    We're having tall vases filled wih purple and white sweets with a cluster of balloons coming out of them.

Candles are nice as the set a romantic theme.
  • coatesukcoatesuk Posts: 81
    We are having a tall vase with flowers on a mirrored plate then have a few tea lights around the vase.