Trevenna - St Neot

Has anyone been to this place/considered it as a venue? The website is very funky but there are not a huge amount of images.

I'm really struggling to find a wedding venue that I like in Cornwall. I want an informal do for 40 adults & 20 kids. I'm happy with a marquee in the grounds of a nice country house hotel and I have a fairly sizeable budget. A lot of hotels seem to be a bit Fawlty Towers though - any suggestions gratefully received!

• Thanks Boatbird, Molesworth Manor looks lovely, so do the others. We're going to look around Trevenna on Saturday morning but if it's a no go I'll definitely have a look at your suggestions. Trying to organise a wedding in Cornwall from London is a bit of a mare.

Are you local?

I've just booked a surprise vintage sports car for the H2B at a great local company, http://www.cornwallclassiccarhire.co.uk
  • Hi cornishdwarf - have you found anywhere yet? i live in Cornwall and although i dont know Trevenna St Neot perhaps i could suggest elsewhere?...

• Hi Karen

I've booked Trevenna which even though it wasn't finished when we saw it looked absolutely amazing - however any other local suppliers you could recommend would be much appreciated!
  • poppyttpoppytt Posts: 1,355
    I am a cornish girl too!! So nice that there are lots of others!! Although I don't live in Kernow anymore I ahve attended many weddings down there. the best where.. Pendennis castle, Lanhydrock House, StMichaels hotel and the Headland hotel. Hope this helpsxx
  • Hiya, who doyou have left to book? I can rec a fab marquee company and hopefully by the end of next week can let you know re caterers and florists as sorting quotes now. I am geting married here http://www.boconnocenterprises.co.uk/ on 2nd August. Whats your date?
  • I still need to book florists, caterers and marquees so any advice would be gladly received. I've booked the wedding dvd, classic coach, photographer, brass band and surprise classic sports car for H2B if you'd like details on any of those?

Our wedding is the 13th September. Boconnoc looks lovely, it was on my list to visit if Trevenna didn't work out.
  • Hiya soo gald theres other cornish ones out there, Im jsytr dont the road in st austell, would love to chat to other brides2B in the area!

I considered the caverns up in St Neot but apperantly its not as nice as it looks so am goin for a museum instead! Cant wait be somethin so different!
  • hi - i have just joined this forum and am based in bucks but getting married at pendennis next july. i have booked caterers and bands but would be delighted to recieve any recommendations of photographers and florists.

gosh i am jealous of you ladies living down there...i can only dream at the moment!!