Oriental theme?

I'm getting married in March 2008 and wearing white. I love the aqua or pale blue but quite fancy having a theme. I've fallen in love with some shoes from Moda in Pelle and they are blue with a pattern. They inspired me to look into an oriental theme but unfortunately that's where my inspiration ends!

Any ideas? Not tacky though. Something quite subtle and classy.:\?

• evelyndentonevelyndenton Posts: 182
    I love anything oriental and it sounds like a gorgeous theme for a wedding (wish I'd thought of it!)

Paper lanterns are very nice and can give romantic and intimate lighting. You can get some really beautiful decorated ones.

Have a look at http://www.exoticandoriental.co.uk/index - it may offer some inspiration.

For flowers, orchids are perfect and also very delicate and subtle.

Just had the thought that on your tables you could have napkins folded into origami shapes like swans etc. Just a few ideas off the top of my head, hope that's of some help. Good luck x
  • gareth12ukgareth12uk Posts: 203
    Sounds lovely! You could have oriental parasols for you & your bridesmaids (try ebay or dotcomgiftshop). And of course orchids would be great.

I bought these lovely oriental favour boxes http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:VRI&viewitem=&item=180140111231&rd=1&rd=1

Really cheap on ebay - haven't got them yet, so can let you know what they're like

If you have enough cash you could have a light-a-lantern display.

I'm sure you can have the blue and the oriental theme, it sounds beautiful!

• ariel_vampariel_vamp Posts: 2,415
    Fortune cookie favours are becomming more popular too.

Or how about a nice pair of chopsticks- ive seen them in YAYW or Wedding Ideas recently.

Maybe instead of a formal sit down meal you could have a seated Chinese buffet? Would probably work out cheaper per person too.

• There is a company who cook Chinese food in front of your guests in giant woks- that would be amazing!

You could have table runners in oriental fabrics, use oriental orchids for your centrepieces, have fortune cookie favours in Chinese take out style favour boxes... the list is endless.
  • sian2206sian2206 Posts: 7
    Thanks all for your replies. You've inspired me to look into more areas than I could have on my own!

Keep the adv ise coming!image
  • soph_ssoph_s Posts: 123
    When I was looking into the same theme, Fosters catering (google them) said they'd be willing to fit the catering around the theme, they do the wok thing too!