Forum home Receptions

Each table with different flower centrepieces?

hi all, hope everyone is enjoying a sunny Saturday!

H2B and I have finally decided on our table names - a sharp turn away from cricket terminology to names of flowers for table names... rose, poppy, peonie, eryngium etc....

I wondered whether we could have the actual centre pieces to be the flowers themselves, in our wedding colours... or would this give the room a weird look?  Eryngium (sea holly/thistles) are very blue, so could be tricky to make it work against creamy/ivory or ducky pink roses are on an adjacent table.

whats everyones thoughts?

Sophie x

• SammykateSammykate Posts: 4,014 New bride

I think it sounds like a lovely idea. Weddings dont have to be perfectley matching all the time! If there was any you were really worried about clashing you could just plan those tables at opposite ends of the room from each other

• rachietownrachietown Posts: 125

I think it's a lovely idea! If you imagine wild flowers, they grow surrounded by a mix of so many different colours.

I think mixing the different flower types / colours will give a really cheerful feel- you can always curate them a little by putting complimenting colours on adjacent tables but I think it's important not to be too matchy-matchy.