Forum home Receptions

10pm finish?!?!? Help with timings please

Hi guys,

So, while I'm in looooooove with my venue, they do stipulate a 10pm finish, which at first seemed like a bane of discontent, but now I'm fine with it. The main reason we wanted an 11pm/12am finish was because we really want a nightclub/party feel, however, I'm sure we'll still be able to achieve what we want with an earlier finish.

Nonetheless, with all that being said, we're not too sure what timings would work best in terms of running order. Ideally, we'd like to make the evening reception 4 1/2 hours. However, it has dawned on me that the earlier things proceed, the more likely we will be to feed our day guests twice.

Have/Are any of you beauties finishing your day at 10pm... If so, what time scale are you working towards (from prep to end)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks x

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • HiImMrsM2bHiImMrsM2b Posts: 160 New bride
    Soon To Be Mrs Carberry wrote (see post):

Hi guys,

So, while I'm in looooooove with my venue, they do stipulate a 10pm finish, which at first seemed like a bane of discontent, but now I'm fine with it. The main reason we wanted an 11pm/12am finish was because we really want a nightclub/party feel, however, I'm sure we'll still be able to achieve what we want with an earlier finish.

Nonetheless, with all that being said, we're not too sure what timings would work best in terms of running order. Ideally, we'd like to make the evening reception 4 1/2 hours. However, it has dawned on me that the earlier things proceed, the more likely we will be to feed our day guests twice.

Have/Are any of you beauties finishing your day at 10pm... If so, what time scale are you working towards (from prep to end)

Hey

My BIL to be got married last month. Church was at 12:30 (bride was on time). We were at the venue by 3 and eating by 4. Reception was over by 10 and we went and got McDonald's after but only because the food was not to our tasting. If it was good then we would have been fine eating once.

• HiImMrsM2b wrote (see post):
    Soon To Be Mrs Carberry wrote (see post):

Hi guys,

Hey

My BIL to be got married last month. Church was at 12:30 (bride was on time). We were at the venue by 3 and eating by 4. Reception was over by 10 and we went and got McDonald's after but only because the food was not to our tasting. If it was good then we would have been fine eating once.

Maybe i should have mentioned the church is LITERALLY next door to venue so guests are only essentially commuting once. We're having a 3 course sit down and want to have a canape/drinks reception as well. But glad to know early finishes aren't a bad thing