Centrepieces

HailsHails Posts: 2,455

what are you all having? And are you buying or hiring? I either want birdcages or gold candelabras but they seem to be around £25 each to hire which seems pretty expensive! Thanks!

• NikkiMNikkiM Posts: 1,551 New bride

We're making ours as we'd been quoted around £350 with our florist. By doing it ourselves, it's costing around £120 in total. Plus we will have left over flowers for the rest of the flower decorations in the bar area. This is a mock up I made earlier this year. The jars will be decorated with hessian, lace and string and will be standing on wooden slices. 

• Melissa45Melissa45 Posts: 460 New bride

We bought 6 vases from Dunelm and our florist is putting in hydrangea and gypsophillia with seasonal foliage, It's costing about £120 including the vase costs. I'm sure we could have done it cheaper ourselves but the thought of putting flowers together the day before the wedding stresses me out!

• loolah1loolah1 Posts: 396

I am having these, I got the mirror tiles from The Range for a couple of quid each, and everything else is from ebay or flea markets or second hand elsewhere..... budget! I did all the jars and flowers myself.

Hope they look ok....

• imageI'm having birdcages. I bought them last year from Asda. They where originally £12 but I got them on sale at £6 each. 

I bought mirror tiles from eBay for £11 for 12 so massive bargain! 

My florist is doing tiny artificial posies at £4.50 each

• UmbongoUmbongo Posts: 89

I had logs with jam jars and wine bottles that I had decorated myself, filled with wildflowers :)

Also had some little metal buckets and filled them with flowers from Homebase, and had a tea light on each one too.

• bella2015bella2015 Posts: 1,903 New bride

We had small bird cages with candles in which were £2.99 each from B&M along with jam jars decorated with lace and hessian filled with gypsophillia and a few pink roses. I then put tealight candles in glass votives in a circle around this and finished it off with some scattered crystals. For table numbers I bought some small vintage style photo frames and but printed numbers in.

Very simple but looked lovely and cheap too.

• NozomiNozomi Posts: 161

We're having games consoles as they'll be the names of the tables too. Other decorations will be fairy lights and pine cones sprayed silver (winter wedding!).

• SammykateSammykate Posts: 3,298

I originally wanted birdcages too, so shopped around and you can buy them for much cheaper than £25. No poing paying that to hire them when it's cheaper to buy and you can also re-sell after! Birdcages are always popular so I'm sure you could sell them on easily enough.

I didn't want to spend a lot on centerpieces, because lets face it, who actually remembers what other people had as their wedding centerpieces? Even the most recent wedding I've been to is a vague recollection of log slices and flowers. So I'm not having flowers as they bump the cost up way too much. Going all DIY with fairy light jars, glittery jam jars and candles on mirror plates.

• Very pretty:) similar to what we would like to have . Where are you getting your wood slices from 

thank you 

• Umbongo wrote (see post):

I had logs with jam jars and wine bottles that I had decorated myself, filled with wildflowers :)

Also had some little metal buckets and filled them with flowers from Homebase, and had a tea light on each one too.

Where are your log slices from?

• HailsHails Posts: 2,455

I'm thinking about renting them, possibly trees. I just can't bring myself to spend loads on flowers :(

• Hi girls, next week I'm buying all of my centrepieces. They are rose gold lanterns that look like birdcages, costing me £20 each and I'm not going for flowers - just a candle which are costing me £3 each. 

I'm having *28* tables and it's a Turkish Cypriot wedding so every thing is large scale and it is expected that they take the centrepiece home so I have no choice. To put flowers in them would cost me a whopping £40 so I thought stuff that! 

id rather pay for flowers elsewhere! 

My advice would be to buy your decor, you can sell it after on eBay and get some money out of it. but, make sure someone is responsible for collecting them and bringing them home for you after the wedding ;) x

Ayse post us a pic! They sound lovely. I am thinking about getting a tall vase or glass of some sort and keeping it cheap with gyp and green foliage. I will have 10 tables to decorate plus top table and bouquets and buttonholes for the wedding party - would like to keep this to about £800 max.

• OctoberBride16 wrote (see post):

imageI'm having birdcages. I bought them last year from Asda. They where originally £12 but I got them on sale at £6 each. 

These what they looked like on the day.... 

OctoberBride16 wrote (see post):
    OctoberBride16 wrote (see post):

imageI'm having birdcages. I bought them last year from Asda. They where originally £12 but I got them on sale at £6 each. 

These what they looked like on the day.... 

Pretty! Did you add the lights yourself?

• Mrs AyseMrs Ayse Posts: 561

Hails wrote (see post):

Ayse post us a pic! They sound lovely. I am thinking about getting a tall vase or glass of some sort and keeping it cheap with gyp and green foliage. I will have 10 tables to decorate plus top table and bouquets and buttonholes for the wedding party - would like to keep this to about £800 max.

So sorry I didn't post a photo! I wish we'd get notifications in the top right corner of the page! Lol 

got them from Dunelm for £20 each 😬  Looks much prettier with the candle lit x

28 tables.....my goodness! hopefully you will be able to sell them afterwards.

• Mrs AyseMrs Ayse Posts: 561
    Hails wrote (see post):

28 tables.....my goodness! hopefully you will be able to sell them afterwards.

I wish! there's a game at the wedding and one person wins the centrepiece so there's no arguments lol you hope! How are you getting on? 

• TC2017TC2017 Posts: 69

We're having a small wedding with about 4 guest tables plus top table. We're getting married in April and are having silver or bronze buckets/tubs of tulips. Colour to be decided. 

I'm liking other people's centrepiece ideas, if I wasn't so lazy and more up for DIY I'd definitely pinch some of them.

• Melanie YYWMelanie YYW Posts: 92 admin

It's so nice to see what you're all having as your centrepieces - i love the bird cages with fairy lights.

We wrote a piece on centrepieces for You and Your Wedding, if anyone is looking for a little inspiration (thought it seems like you all have it covered!)

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/planning/essentials/wedding-table-decorations-and-centre-pieces-25-interesting-ways-to-dress-up-your-tables/22128.html