How to cover up curtains

In the village hall we are using for the reception there are some horrid green curtains which frame the stage. They need to stay up really as we have a band but I'm looking at a cheap way to cover them and make them more wedding friendly.

My theme is raspberry and white. xx

• I'm sure Iv seen venue dressing company's that advertise draping to cover curtains etc. I'm not sure how they do it but it's definitely possible! Maybe google some companies and there before and after pics and then work out if you could buy the material and do it yourself 

• sonia9sonia9 Posts: 243

thank you, i'll have a search online  I think at this stage it would be a diy job. the wedding is in 12 weeks and everything else is done and paid for. xx

• im sure those companies are quite expensive anyway! What are the current curtains hung on? Is it possible to take them down and put others up for the day? Places like the range do plain voile type things for quite cheap 

Thanks Amber. I'm going to the hall in a few weeks so I will ask if we can take them down. I'd be happy with voile. Anything but thick green curtains. I need to check what they are hung on and measure. xx

• wed172Bwed172B Posts: 1,258

If you can't remove them could you maybe hang fairy lights on them?

that's also a great idea. I could just camouflage them and make them prettier. x

• bella2015bella2015 Posts: 1,903 New bride

We hired a fairy light curtain for our venue. It was £100 to hire but worth every penny as it made such a difference to our room.