Vintage ladder/other displays

HailsHails Posts: 2,455

Hi all

Is anyone having a ladder display at their reception or any other alternatives to a table?

• MrsLMTMrsLMT Posts: 3,830

I'm having a ladder! I'm going to display wedding photos of our parents and grandparents. 

• CE26CE26 Posts: 349 New bride

We used a ladder as our welcome sign...

• HailsHails Posts: 2,455

Aw it looks lovely with the fairy lights!

• MrsNolanMrsNolan Posts: 683 New bride

Sorry to jump on this with another question, but where are you getting ladders from? The ones I've seen have been hundreds of £££. Is there a DIY alternative? 

• MrsLMTMrsLMT Posts: 3,830

I stalked eBay! Lol. I found a ladder for £20 from a local seller. I still need to stand it down and decorate. I also salvaged a wooden pallet from my brothers garden. Both are currently in the attic. 

• HailsHails Posts: 2,455

Sue Ryder online shop has a couple of white ones.

• Really like that step ladder Mrs Thomas! Great find.

I'm using two apex frames I found and painted:

One will have our table plan on (here's a rubbish mock-up):

The other will go outside as a sign:

Depending what look you're after (I can't rest jars or picture frame on these) there are alternatives to step ladders.

• MrsNolanMrsNolan Posts: 683 New bride

Thanks Hails, the Sue Ryder ones are great. Certainly beats the £85 ones at dunelm! 

• Rebecca470Rebecca470 Posts: 119

https://www.therange.co.uk/picture-frames-and-wall-art/picture-frames/solid-wood-photo-frame-ladder#126099

It isn't necessarily vintage, but it does come with photo frames within it!

• Katherine66Katherine66 Posts: 1,234

Hiring mine for £15 and putting pots of flowers and ornaments on! Its standing at entrance near pimms station.

• MrsC2018MrsC2018 Posts: 191 New bride

If you have a few more things to buy for decoration then it may be worthwhile hiring them from a company. I want a bike and a typewriter and was going to buy myself but it didn't seem easy and it was expensive and so I found a company that hired them as well as other bits and pieces. They are individually priced but the bonus is that they will be set up by the company and taken away so you don't need to re-sell on etc