reception

I'm just wondering I'm the bride and I don't drink alcohol just wondering will I get laughed at not drinking cause never done it before is it ok to just have orange or cola any help please

• Of course not, don't drink if your not comfortable doing so, especially on your wedding day! All of your close family and friends attending the wedding probably already know that you're not a drinker and therefore wouldn't have any expectations of you having alcohol.

• wed172Bwed172B Posts: 1,258

Absolutely agree with Georgina, make sure you have something nice to drink that you will enjoy

• MrsL-GMrsL-G Posts: 86 New bride

I don't drink either so the venue is giving me sparkling elderflower for the toast 😄

• Friends and family should not laugh at you.

• Laura812Laura812 Posts: 157 New bride

My h2b doesn't drink. Every venue we visited we asked whether they'd be able to provide a suitable alternative to fizz and wine for him (and any drivers/pregnant ladies/other non drinkers). Every venue seemed more than happy to accommodate this even within set packages, so just pick something you like!

• I don't drink either, I've asked for raspberry lemonade for the non drinkers during the drinks reception and the venue have ordered in non alcoholic koppaberg for me (I have a slight intolerance to alcohol but I can cope with this drink) for the toasts and to drink in the evening but I imagine that I will spend most of the day on water which is what I normally drink.

• Absolutely not! And you can get some great alcohol-free alternatives now that still look like fizz for the toasts - I know shloer do a fizzy variety that is gorgeous!