Centrepieces driving me potty

Hi all,

I’m in need of some advice. My theme was going to be gold/copper/pink/rose gold. In my head, copper and gold went together. These are my centrepieces and now seeing them together I’m not sure (bearing in mind they won’t actually be this close together.) There will either be a candleabra or a lantern as the centrepiece.  The candelabra will have dusky pink flowers, cream flowers and foliage on top and the lantern will have the same going around it. Every wedding I’ve been to have had the same colour on every table for their centrepieces. We have 4 candelabras and 4 lanterns, so either 1 for each table.  What do you think? Honest opinions please. Should I just stick to one colour for all tables? 

Emily x

• Sian91Sian91 Posts: 829 New bride

I think it could work if they’re on separate tables, and you tie the theme through together (:

• I agree with you; they don’t look quite right togther. You have a lot of metalic colours and think you might be best limiting yourself to just one or two of these maybe pink and gold? I certainly would not put them togther on the same table, if if you are set on having all of the metallic colours.

• Julia82Julia82 Posts: 123

Well since you asked for honest opinions I don’t think it’s that the colours don’t go, it’s that the styles don’t go. They look totally different. 

Mixed metallics can work quite well but I’d chuck in another one - silver / Nickle. If they were all the same style it would look fab! 

Xx

• JodielouJodielou Posts: 4,058
    Julia82 wrote (see post):

Well since you asked for honest opinions I don’t think it’s that the colours don’t go, it’s that the styles don’t go. They look totally different. 

Mixed metallics can work quite well but I’d chuck in another one - silver / Nickle. If they were all the same style it would look fab! 

Xx

I completely agree x

• Jodielou wrote (see post):

Xx

I completely agree x

I agree that the styles don‘t match. adding yet another colour though? I think that’s a mistake Unless it’s not metalic. Maybe burgundy or navy?

• JodielouJodielou Posts: 4,058

Personally, I really like the mixed metallics look. And the pink + cream floral accents will soften it.

https://www.topweddingsites.com/wedding-blog/wedding-attire/mad-mixed-metallics

https://southboundbride.com/lavish-modern-mixed-metallics-wedding-inspiration/

http://www.lacesixpence.com/blog/wedding-inspiration-mixed-metals/

All comes down to personal taste, though x

• I think they'll look good on separate tables. I like that they aren't 'matchy' and I also like the juxtaposition of Edwardian elegance with modern industrial. 

• Julia82Julia82 Posts: 123
    Emma827 wrote (see post):
    Jodielou wrote (see post):

Xx

I completely agree x

I agree that the styles don‘t match. adding yet another colour though? I think that’s a mistake Unless it’s not metalic. Maybe burgundy or navy?

Oh no I love a mixed metallic! We can't all the be the same though. I like things that don't go - I could never wear matching earrings and necklace, hate it. But I just think those 2 styles do not go at all. That said if every table is different that will also probably be very cool! xx

• Vicky105Vicky105 Posts: 140

Where did you get those copper ones from please? :)

• The copper is from primark. Thought I got myself a bargain centrepiece with that but now thinking they defo won’t go in the same room. Thanks for your opinions.

I’m now thinking maybe pink and gold in the breakfast room and pink and copper in the bar area as it’s a shame to not use them! X