Hollin Hall, Macclesfield

Hi,

I've recently viewed Hollin Hall (along with every other venue in cheshire!) and really liked it, but didn't view the hotel bedrooms. When I got home I googled it, and on Tripadvisor it's got loads of bad reviews, saying that the rooms are dirty and in need of renovation. I'm really worried that any guests would be put in poor accommodation after spending so much money to come to our wedding.

Had anyone else got married/stayed here? Did any of your guests have problems?

Thank you so much for your advice

x x x

• shopaholicukshopaholicuk Posts: 1,478
    you knew i would answer this thread lol

found this review on information britain

this is a wonderfull place! i love it. i have spent 2 nights and im writing this email from the front room of hollin hall. all though im only 12 im still safisicated and my dad is 2nd head shef here! (and my brother 'steven fenwick' is a pot wosher here also) it is my mum 40th birthday party and its 11:45pm (im nakerd) thankyou very much this place is the best hotel ever built!!! love from stacey x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x p.s im will be staying here again soon. na-night im off to bed x

and theese none of them bad

http://www.hitched.co.uk/venues/showreviews2.asp?venue=340

hope it helps

[Modified by: shopaholic on August 31, 2007 07:30 PM]
  • I have also booked Hollin Hall for February next year and although I didn't see the normal bedrooms the bridal suite was absolutely gorgeous!! The rest of the building looks really good too so why would the bedrooms be horrible? Perhaps I should have asked to look at them too!
  • Hi Claireabell,

Just wondering if you have had any contact with Hollin Hall - I'm really stuck about what to do. I had heard weddings were supposed to be stressful, but I had no idea I'd feel like this even before I've booked anywhere - I'll be bald by the time the big day comes around!

Sorry if my post worried you

x x x
  • Go back and ask to see a typical bedroom, just to put your mind at rest.
  • We looked at the bridal suite not just on the website but in "real life", and also saw the lounge area and room where the eating and dancing would take place. We were not concerned with what we saw which was why we booked their venue. They seemed very helpful and were even willing to negotiate on the menus if we had our hearts set on something different. As saz39 has said just phone them and ask to see a normal room. We called on the off chance one night after we had booked to ask some what I thought were silly questions and they were really nice and helpful. Try to stop stressing about it and try to enjoy all the planning!!
  • Just to let everyone know, I went back today and viewed a standard room. It was absolutely fine! A lot of fuss over nothing on trip advisor. They are renovating every room in the hotel.

I finally booked it for Saturday 25th July 2009! Hurray x x x