Nibbles

AwhelenqtAwhelenqt Posts: 856 New bride
My mum's paranoid about people going hungry at the wedding. Here's the time line regarding food:
12.30 Ceremony 
1.30 Canapés (5 different ones)
~they're going to put out popcorn to graze on~
4.00 The Feast! So much food.
9.00 Cheesy Chips 

So after the canapés before the meal, when they're putting out popcorn I want another option to keep people going. I don't wanna just do crisps or nuts so any ideas??

• Rach371Rach371 Posts: 1,119 New bride
    Your timeline sounds very similar to mine and honestly I wouldn't worry about having anymore food. We didn't have anything in place of the popcorn you're having. People will be too busy catching up and having a nice time to worry about food. If I go to a wedding with a 12.30 ceremony I have a big breakfast knowing I won't eat until later. The fact you'll have canapes before that will help and not all guests will expect it. I think your mum's worrying for nothing!
  • MrsRendall2BMrsRendall2B Posts: 749 New bride
    I'm with @Rach371, I don't think you need any more food, it's just unnecessary expense! Our timeline is similar to yours in terms of time between food servings:

2pm - Ceremony
    3pm - Canapés
    4:30/5pm - Sit down meal
    9pm - BBQ

If I were going to a 12:30 ceremony I'd either have a late breakfast or if travelling would take a mid-morning snack for the road so yeah, I think your mum is worrying over nothing. :)
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,942 New bride
    edited 11 June
    I think you have plenty of food. 

If you're desperate to add something else then doughnuts are cheap, or our friends had a pork scratching bar with all different flavours!

We are doing:
    2pm ceremony
    2.45pm welcome drinks and canapes
    4.30pm 3 course wedding breakfast
    9pm Evening BBQ & doughnuts/cake