London Venues - Need Help!

Hello! Can anyone recommend a nice but reasonable venue in London. Either central or south west ideally. We have a provisional list of at least 150 guest who absolutely have to come, and I want a nice day that isn't going to break the bank!

Our plan is to get married in the winter and have a late ceremony and evening do which won't involve a sit down meal but will have canapes and maybe bowl/finger food/buffet of some description.

The most important things to us are having a a nice venue and good music and for everyone to have fun.

I have contacted a couple of places but initial costs for that many guests, and a conservative drink allowance, are coming in at about £12,000 - I was hoping not to have to pay quite so much.

Can anyone help?!

[Modified by: JulesC78 on 07 September 2007 13:20:23 ]

• Hi, How about York House in Twickenham. You have the option of supplying your own alcohol or there is a bar on site. There are also in-house caterers or I think you can source your own. There are lovely gardens for photographs and the price is very reasonable. Think the main hall holds up to 200.

It was a close second for our reception but we went with Kew Steam museum instead.

Google it. for the Website which I think it comes under Richmond council.

• Brilliant - thanks! I'll have a look...
  • emdtemdt Posts: 612
    some friends of ours got married in richmond park... that was really beautiful and they got married on a thursday which made it really cheap!!!
  • poppyttpoppytt Posts: 1,355
    How about the Commonwealth Club. Maybe thats too central.. Or Cannizaro House, Wimbledon Village? Great setting.Or Bingham, Richmond.Or Templeton, edge of Richmond park is a 'shell' so you can do as you please!!
    p.s Commonwealth club do bowl food. Reasonable too!!
  • What about Pembroke Lodge, The Belvedere Suite, in Richmond? Weekdays are much cheaper. I think about £400 venue hire. Not sure about food, can't remember the price. If you get married from November, I think, to 1st april, it's winter prices, so cheaper.

Good luck x
  • Have you tried looking at the National Trust website? Ham House and Chiswick House both spring to mind. I live opposite the Royal Victoria Patriotic Building in Wandsworth - I know they hold wedding receptions there but am not sure about ceremonies. It's a gorgous building - http://www.rvpb.com/. Definitely worth checking out. Good luck!

Cath x
  • Thank you!
  • Quoted:
    How about the Commonwealth Club. Maybe thats too central.. Or Cannizaro House, Wimbledon Village? Great setting.Or Bingham, Richmond.Or Templeton, edge of Richmond park is a 'shell' so you can do as you please!!

Hi

What do you mean by shell?

Many thanks, Kittyboo x
    Hi..

Have a look at www.templetonestates.co.uk. I did not see it myself but allowes you to create the style you want!X
  • HI,

I am getting married in the Pembroke Lodge in Richmond, are really happy with them... getting married in a month so can give some more info closer to date but so far they have been wedding planner combined with venue- really brilliant. The food is not cheap but the venue hire was £500 for a Thursday and we have it for the entire day. I am sure they can accomodate with a light evening buffet rather than sit down meal. What is so amazing about it is that it is in the park and people can take a walk around and see the beauty of the surrounding grounds and it is really beautiful

Plus you can go back there when ever you like in the future,,,,

Hope you find some thing you like
    My friend was looking at the Pembroke lodge but heard that the cafe was in the room next door and the guests had to us the same restrooms as the public? is this true? I think the location is stunning. Great choice of venue Yaelrainbow!!