Evening food - help with timings...

Hi Girls,

i went to a wedding on the weekend and the evening food was brought out around 30 minutes after the first dance.

It was then cleared away around an hour after that.

Noone really ate it as we had just finished eating.

Is this usual?

What is the usual timings for evening food?

We are planning on having bacon sarnies - but if they are going to be served just after the meal I may not bother.

help!

E

• No - it depends totally on your venue and I am sure that you can come to some arrangement on this. For example ours normally has the evening food (buffet/bacon butties or whatever) at 9pm, but they will move this forward or backward to suit the needs of the particular event. As it happens 9.30pm is better for what we've planned and they've agreed that this time would be far more suitable.

So speak to your venue - they all vary so much.

Hope this helps.
  • cwukcwuk Posts: 324
    Most venues will bring it out when you want it, we had the meal at 5pm, evening guests arrived at 7.30 and we had the buffet at 9.45, it was out for an hour and it seemed about the right time.
  • cwukcwuk Posts: 324
    Most venues will bring it out when you want it, we had the meal at 5pm, evening guests arrived at 7.30 and we had the buffet at 9.45, it was out for an hour and it seemed about the right time.